The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm currently throwing a P1010 code for MAF sensor and I've got a new sensor, checked everything and still am throwing the code any suggestions gotta go to MARTA

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
From Atlanta?

That code does not mean the sensor itself is dead, only that it may be. You can 'check everything' and still be in the dark, typically that is worthless english in a faulty car post. If you have a simple air leak in the hose after MAF that alone can do it.

And, are you sure that code is right? As in 0101.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah man! I've had it checked plenty of times. Always says the same thing. I checked the air hose yesterday. Seems to be in good shape unless there is a super small hole that I cant see. Oh well lol, it doesn't seem to be messing with the car , i just want that damn light off

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
It running to the lean side you may not see it until the motor melts. That can go slow where you never see it or fast.

The 1010 code pulls up as a variable cam timing error on Mitsubishi or Toyota or for stuff on BMW or Harley Davidson only. Why it's wrong.

And why I used to insist on people writing the codes down when I used to read them, people ALWAYS mess them up later. Here it could cost you big.

Hey, yours and burn it down if you want to. MARTA it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts