The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
I would rank that thread >>>> thread of the year.... I have learned a lot.... from that thread... it made my head in pain..... too much brain activity me....

·
Am I still a NOOB?
2,082 Posts
Like I said before, that's a complete KA24DE bluebird masterpiece. Absolutely beautiful.

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
whoever thought you could stick a t-60 turbo in an alty?
and he is looking at 600bhp:D
amazing car!!

·
altima/dsm lover4life
1,511 Posts
Nothing new I mean its a powerful setup but DSMs do that all day long and they are 4cyclinders so why can't altimas with a castiron block with oil squirters already built in.

J

·
0 Posts
clo007 said:
whoever thought you could stick a t-60 turbo in an alty?
and he is looking at 600bhp:D
amazing car!!
umm a t66 isnt that big for a 2.4litre motor. I am actually surprised more people dont run 60-1s and 66s on this site. The amount of air the ka24 flows favors turbos bigger than t3/t4s at 1bar+ boost.

·
Am I still a NOOB?
2,082 Posts
QuickS97 said:
Nothing new I mean its a powerful setup but DSMs do that all day long and they are 4cyclinders so why can't altimas with a castiron block with oil squirters already built in.
No offense, but I don't understand why you would bring something like that up. DSMs are known for their turbo capabilities. Some of the Nissans are too, but not the altima/bluebird with a KA24DE. There's no point in saying "Nothing new, DSMs do that all day long." Fine, those are DSMs, there's only 4 other turbo altimas that I know of in the whole US. And they're all on or used to be on this site:

1). Welton Hong
2). Tunerguy
3). cthunder
4). Black Hornet

Sorry if I left any out.

So this is a Bluebird, okay, but it's the KA24DE he's using to power it. The only other KAs that I know of that are that powerful are Black's cthunder's and that 600 or something HP 240sx.

J

·
0 Posts
AltyPrince said:
No offense, but I don't understand why you would bring something like that up. DSMs are known for their turbo capabilities. Some of the Nissans are too, but not the altima/bluebird with a KA24DE. There's no point in saying "Nothing new, DSMs do that all day long." Fine, those are DSMs, there's only 4 other turbo altimas that I know of in the whole US. And they're all on or used to be on this site:

1). Welton Hong
2). Tunerguy
3). cthunder
4). Black Hornet

Sorry if I left any out.

So this is a Bluebird, okay, but it's the KA24DE he's using to power it. The only other KAs that I know of that are that powerful are Black's cthunder's and that 600 or something HP 240sx.
I agree with alty prince, and somewhat disagree with you. I think the reason DSM people are making so much power and doing it so often is an issue of confidence and popular opinion. Most people on this board is maleducated and downright scared when turbo talk comes up. DSM people LIVE turbo... so for them there is a lot more confidence / knowledge making more turbo setups possible, more people willing to go turbo, and less skeptisism and more pursuit of creativity / wild setups. This site also has a greater show car feel than the DSM community has.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
speed is a byproduct of ingenuity. Sam is right, this forum is essentially about style and sound more than speed. if we were to collectively petition such companies as N-Sport, HKS NA, Apexi USA, and several other companies, we would have plenty of products for us to choose from. Intelligently doing so, not bombarding them with irrational spam-like e-mail. because speed is a very expensive choice among the 3 S's, it is often the most overlooked.

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
i would much rather be all-go then show!!

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
JHU Sam said:
umm a t66 isnt that big for a 2.4litre motor. I am actually surprised more people dont run 60-1s and 66s on this site. The amount of air the ka24 flows favors turbos bigger than t3/t4s at 1bar+ boost.
shows my lack of turbo knowledge. i just figured since i've seen those mama's in supra's(and we know what kind of power they make), that putting that in an alty would be insane.

thanks for the new knowledge sam.:)

J

·
0 Posts
clo007 said:
shows my lack of turbo knowledge. i just figured since i've seen those mama's in supra's(and we know what kind of power they make), that putting that in an alty would be insane.

thanks for the new knowledge sam.:)
NP, remember supras are only 3.0 litre motors! The difference between a b18c1(gsr) and a ka24de is the same as the differnce in flow between a ka24de and a supra! With supras running t88s and larger, t3/60-1s and t66 should be cake on a ka24de. I have friends making 500whp on b16a's with thrust bearing t3/60-1s andhitting full boost at 5 grand! with ball bearing's people are hitting it at like 4!

·
1st Gen SE Lover
2,520 Posts
clo007 said:
i would much rather be all-go then show!!
Form following function, the way it should be. :)

The coolest looking stuff usually is cool looking because it does something really cool.

Now if that guy that invented that fake blowoff sound horn would follow this principle. :angry4:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts