The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what would be the easiest way to check my injectors?

I think I might have one or two that are bad because the idle is a little rough.

I just changed the distributor cap, rotor, plugs, wires and air filter. I am going to be changing the fuel filter this weekend. I thought it may have been my alternator but it seems to be good, I had it checked out twice.

Does anyone have a used set of injectors at a good price.

Thanks

·
DIY User
657 Posts
well i just burned out an injector last month.... i check them by checking the resistance. you can use a multimeter.... my burned otu ones were 0 ohms.

but when cyl 1 was gone you could tell, the idle wasnt rough, it was horrible, and the accelaration was even really bad.....

i dont know much about injectors, but my mechanic is a real cool guy and was teaching me, even after the shop closed, because i absolutely need my car....
also ebay has some sued injectors for a decent prioce.... new ones are expensive.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Just check their impedance with a multimeter that should tell you which ones are worn out. My bad one was off from the others by 1 Ohm I believe (it functioned on and off).

New injector cost ~$100.

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
? If 1 of your injector does not work, does your piston still move, or do only 3 pistons work?

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
LOL

of course it still moves.. its connected to the frikken crank.

all four still move, but 1 aint making power. (very rough running, poor power etc)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Its pretty bad. Things in the engine are designed to expect certain things to happen at certain times. I assume it would throw off the harmonics of the engine.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Just disconnect each injector harness and probe the two terminals at the top of the injector w/the multimeter...

However-Ohming will not always determine a bad injector. In fact, they will also tick normally. They can get clogged partially shut or open and will still ohm fine.

Still, it's a free and quick diagnostic to ohm them and would be the first thing I'd try. You can always swap a suspected injector to see if that particular cylinder still behaves the same...

BTW, there are a ton of threads on diagnosing injector problems..

Jeremy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the information, I am going to take a look at it tomorrow. I hope I can get it fixed with spending too much time and money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts