The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2003 Nissan Ultima and I started having some door/window issues. So to make sure everything was functioning on the car I flipped the safety lock on the driver's side rear door and closed the door. Now the door just won't open what so ever. If im not mistaken you're supposed to be able to open safety locked doors from the outside but mine won't budge at all whether or not the door is locked from the outside or not. This is a hassle because I can no longer open the door to take the panel off and fix it that way. Does anyone have any knowledge on this issue

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,361 Posts
I used to have an '03. Often in the winter, around the freezing mark, those rear power locks would jam up, neither open nor closed. And if you did manage to open it, it wouldn't relatch. I'm guessing you are not in Houston. So, drive your car somewhere warm (indoor, heated garage), leave it for 30min, come back, cycle the power locks a few times and try again from the outside handle. FYI, the solution is to replace the cable links to the rear latch mechanism, there are two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts