The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any chips available for the Altima 1st gen? Also does anyone know approx. how much horsepower it would give you??

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
Jim Wolf Technology makes the best ECU upgrade and runs 600 dollars or so.. Stillen markets the JWT ECU under their name also and it cost a little more (same exact ECU) JET makes one also but I have heard little in the way of good comments regarding the performance of the JET.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much HP does the replacement of the ECU give you? Also what about the rev-limiter? Is that able to be taken off...or does it matter with an Automatic??

·
Traded in Alti!!!
118 Posts
600$??????????? Better damn well be tight, and be able to tell a difference!!

·
what is in a name?
1,350 Posts
how much hp gain?

its going to depend on the mods you have on your car. if you are running bone stock and get a ecu upgrade it will probably give a little based on it remapping your air/fuel ratio, shift points,etc.
now if you have say i/h/e, pulleys,tc, lsd,nos,whatever, i'm sure it'll make a bigger difference.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I take it would be better to add is after you mod your car rather than before?

·
258 Posts
it might make less of a difference if you advance your ignition, because JWT advances ignition through the chip, so, you'll have to set your ignition timing back to stock.

·
H.N.I.C.
2,773 Posts
yes, it is best if the ECU is like the last mod u get...
and if u do some more major modifications, they will tweak it...
i don't know how much the adjustments would be though

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,923 Posts

·
I OWN XTC,An XTC OWNZ U
962 Posts
I have a jet chip mine runs great, DeRaNgEd if u wanna jrtchip e-mail me i can get it for u for $370 with tax and ivernight shipping to cali.
Just let me know

Shri

·
258 Posts
Shri222 said:
I have a jet chip mine runs great, DeRaNgEd if u wanna jrtchip e-mail me i can get it for u for $370 with tax and ivernight shipping to cali.
Just let me know

Shri
Hey Shri222, what did the chip change?, I mean besides the usual aggressive fuel & ignition maps. Can you list the changes the Jet chip did, please?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts