The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
Joined
·
15,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down at the bottom on the edge on both sides...I have bare metal up about 3 inches...

The front of the rear doors sticks out past the back of the front doors....Thus catching everytihing off of the tires...

Any one have Nissan adjust doors?

Did they repair the paint?

Anyone....anything???:angry2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
:cool: yes....i noticed the same thing on one of my doors when i purchased mine. The dealer said that was a new production run and these things happen....yeah right. He adjusted the door and touched it up and said it was too much hassle to notify Nissan. I wonder why?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
I posted this back in Dec of 2001. There is no way to adjust the doors its all tapered so you cant move it around like on old cars! Your dealer did a snow job on you.After many headaches with Nissan I ended up putting a thin strip of 3M clear film on the lower part of the front edge of the rear doors it solved the problem.
 

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
Joined
·
15,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dallas said:
I posted this back in Dec of 2001. There is no way to adjust the doors its all tapered so you cant move it around like on old cars! Your dealer did a snow job on you.After many headaches with Nissan I ended up putting a thin strip of 3M clear film on the lower part of the front edge of the rear doors it solved the problem.
Newbie that I am ...I could not find the thread..I did and do remember this...where did you get the 3m clear film ? I went yesterday to autozone and they looked at me like i was nutty:(
 

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
Joined
·
15,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steveofcourse said:
:cool: sorry to burst your bubble dude but they did adjust my door.....its lined up perfect now and doesn't catch any road debris anymore
Steve..I am happy to hear that...did they re-paint too for you since it was Nissan's fault in the 1st place?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
Dude you did not burst my bubble, and have a careful look to see where the kinks are in the doors, they would have to "massage" or bend the lips in or out. This may make the seam sealer used on the insides come apart faster in the future. As for the adjustment all bolts holding the doors in go into tapered bolt holes there is no room for re-positioning, check the service manual if you don't believe me. All they did was bend something in or out.
Wild Willy any good body shop or place that does detail, undercoating etc will have this 3M material it's clear and UV resistant. Make sure
it's 3M, some of the other ones will yellow after a few years.


Steveofcourse said:
:cool: sorry to burst your bubble dude but they did adjust my door.....its lined up perfect now and doesn't catch any road debris anymore
 

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
Joined
·
15,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dallas said:
Wild Willy any good body shop or place that does detail, undercoating etc will have this 3M material it's clear and UV resistant. Make sure
it's 3M, some of the other ones will yellow after a few years. [/B]

I have been everywhere here looking for that stuff..no one has it or know's what it is.....It came standard on a 93 Ranger I had in some key areas...and it worked well..

Mayberry:angry2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
I only know of a place that sells a roll and its like $ 100 CND. If you really cant find someone to cut you a few inches locally, let me know I will contact the shop that insalled mine on my
hood,to see if they would sell you a square foot. Cant see it being more than 5-10 dollars.
 

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
Joined
·
15,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dallas said:
I only know of a place that sells a roll and its like $ 100 CND. If you really cant find someone to cut you a few inches locally, let me know I will contact the shop that insalled mine on my
hood,to see if they would sell you a square foot. Cant see it being more than 5-10 dollars.
Thanks a lot. Just came back fro the dealer and they sent me to the body shop they use and they cut me off a piece. I already installed it myself...

And ....THEY CAN NOT ADJUST THE DOORS.

Hope it works...Thanks for the offer Dallas:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
Did you go to the first crease in the door just where the trim is. I just have about a quarter inch showing and the rest just wraps around the curve and ends. Its been on for 1 1/2 years and looks good.It's saved the paint from further damage. If you wax the white resisdue sometimes makes the edges visible. Don't be afraid to wax it
after a week so it can bond, the wax helps improve the UV resistance of the product!( As long as your using a carnuba based wax without to many polishing agents!
 

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
Joined
·
15,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went from the crease all the way down....about an inch in, probably overkill but what the hell,I am tired of painting that god damn door....Fuk nissan and their bull shit not fixing a defect from the factory..FUKEM FUKEM FUKEM
 

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
Joined
·
15,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mother fukker....I drove 30 miles for work today and those 3M guards are shreaded like a bitch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
I wonder if they gave you the wrong stuff, they come in different thicknesses. By the way do you drive WRC style on 30 miles of sharp rocks to get to work! I went to check mine out after you scared me, mine look like new and they have been on for a year.
 

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
Joined
·
15,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dallas said:
I wonder if they gave you the wrong stuff, they come in different thicknesses. By the way do you drive WRC style on 30 miles of sharp rocks to get to work! I went to check mine out after you scared me, mine look like new and they have been on for a year.
Let's put it this way..there is not a chip anywhere else on my car. It is from road salt....that shit is wicked. 30 miles 35-45 mph.

That 3M shit is thick...but the bottom of my doors stick out further than my dick.

I called my dealer and bitched about it and I am having them call Nissan about this shit...I will not have a door left in a year..oops 2 doors i ment
 

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
Joined
·
15,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SE-Rious said:
Stay on 'em Bill, if you don't, they'll never call you back!
They know I am not going away...But you are probably right on the money
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
wild willy said:
Let's put it this way..there is not a chip anywhere else on my car. It is from road salt....that shit is wicked. 30 miles 35-45 mph.

That 3M shit is thick...but the bottom of my doors stick out further than my dick.

I called my dealer and bitched about it and I am having them call Nissan about this shit...I will not have a door left in a year..oops 2 doors i ment
I pitty your wife/girlfriend.but the bottom of my doors stick out further than my dick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
I argued with them too but they eventually wore me out, plus they screwed up fixing it numerous times, Had to take the 3m to an independant company to put it on. Keep me posted if you make progress with them.
 

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
Joined
·
15,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dallas said:
I argued with them too but they eventually wore me out, plus they screwed up fixing it numerous times, Had to take the 3m to an independant company to put it on. Keep me posted if you make progress with them.
Will do..the only fix I can see is some type of "something" to cover that area....................... that is durable to 60mph salt
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top