The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any good tips for repairing cigarette burns in the seats and door panels? I just picked up a 98 GXE and it came with the optional cigarette burns I would prefer not to have this option. I will eventually get the leather kit to redo all the seats but that will not be till later next year. In the meantime I would like to fix these or, better yet, if someone has already upgraded to leather and wants to sell thier old covers throw me a price. In any matter, I gotta get rid of these burns, they are making an otherwise nice car look bad.

FWIW, this is my first Altima and will not be my last, very nice car! 78k miles and you would never know it, picked it up for $5900 from a private seller (sorta) and other than the burns and the gas door being bent (I can fix that) its close to perfect.

Doc

·
ItalianStallion
325 Posts
use carpet cleaner or degresser to get everything off possible, then you can carefully take a razer blade and start to shave of the tips of the threads where the burn is. It leave a section where there is a semi-noticable indentation, but alot more of the brown is gone. (it worked for me pretty well)

·
ItalianStallion
325 Posts
btw that only works if they are surface burns. not holes all the way through (you proley figured that though) :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! unforunatly most of them are all the way thru. I can not for the life of me understand why someone would have such a nice car and abuse it like that. I can see one or two accidents, but there are at least a dozen total! Sigh, guess I will have to invest in some seat covers.

Doc

·
Registered
82 Posts
Try Car-Parts.com. You can probably pick up seats in a good condition for little of nothing. I found a salvage yard about an hour from my house that will sell a set of leather seats for $210.00.

·
*Donating Member* Senior Member
1,987 Posts
how hard is it to swapp the cloth seats for leather seats??

·
Banned
0 Posts
system_error_007 said:
how hard is it to swapp the cloth seats for leather seats??
some people on here have done it and said it wasn't too bad.......others said they wish they had taken it to a shop. Go figure

·
Registered
12 Posts
Changing the seats is kinda of a bitch, but can be done...patience and a nice fat dooby should help you out..

I got the cloth seats and I am semi satisfied with them..

Leather is nice but my girl always bitches that its too cold in the winter and too sticky in the summer....but thats coming from a woman..and is there ever a time when they dont bitch????

peace.
b

1 - 9 of 9 Posts