The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Event Horizon Chaser
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Guys,

I am having a noise when stopping and accelerating at low speeds and sometimes when turning the steering wheel full left or right. The noise seem to be coming from the front passenger side wheel. Seems like something is moving back and forth. If i pull off really slow no noise once i hit the gas clack.

Car: 2006 SE-R auto.

List of stuff i changed:

Struts, strut mounts and strut bearing.
control arms
Axle
outer tie rods
Inner tie rod did not change, no play and feels very firm, might still change it.
All sway bar components are good.
sub frame nuts are tight, i do have the redlion collars.
All motor mounts are great condition.

Any insight will be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Ronnie

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
Look for the metal oil diverter underneath the car. I had a very similar issue that drove me crazy! Turned out it was this very thing.... Looks kinda like a slide...its job is to divert oil away from the exhaust when you drain the oil. For whatever reason mine was got slightly bend somehow and when the engine would move a lil it would contact the bottom of the engine. iirc it is attached to the sub frame. I bent it back and forward until it fell off. :)

·
Event Horizon Chaser
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look for the metal oil diverter underneath the car. I had a very similar issue that drove me crazy! Turned out it was this very thing.... Looks kinda like a slide...its job is to divert oil away from the exhaust when you drain the oil. For whatever reason mine was got slightly bend somehow and when the engine would move a lil it would contact the bottom of the engine. iirc it is attached to the sub frame. I bent it back and forward until it fell off. :)
Thanks Lawrence, that piece is already off my car so I can rule that out. Today I will double check the subframe collars. Check on a few more forums and a loose subframe caused their noise.

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
Let us know what it is man...this type of stuff drives me CRAZY too!

·
Event Horizon Chaser
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will do, not only that I am loosing my sanity a lot of time and money as well. thank goodness I don't have a flame thrower this car would of been real smoked charcoal LOL....

I will have a ton of great parts for sale that i changed thinking it was the cause of my of my issue.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I just bought a used 06 Altima 2.5l, and had the same "clunk", and that is exactly how it sounded.

Turned out to be the motor mount right on the frame in front of the timing cover.

Now I know you said your mounts were fine, but I would pull it just for piece of mind. [I've gotten defective parts that were brand new so.....].

·
Event Horizon Chaser
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Solved***************

Thanks for the input guys.

Ok guys i figured it out, it was the subframe collars / bushings. I took them out added some grease re-torqued all nuts and noise is gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts