The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all will notice from this post, I don't know much about engines. I am attempting to do the free WAI as posted by Altima2002. I bought the K&N Air Filter and some duct tape. In Altima2002's picture of the engine, there are two silver boxes on the right hand side, one with a hole in the front, and another behind that, which has a tube going from there. Which one is the air box, and which is the air filter? I am assuming you remove the front one to find the whole that you tape the resonator at, but where exactly does this new K&N filter go? I guess a better question is, where is the old filter that I should be taking out? As much help/detail as possible will be appreciated, I don't want to mess anything up.

·
Former Alty Owner
961 Posts
Junkyard said:
As you all will notice from this post, I don't know much about engines. I am attempting to do the free WAI as posted by Altima2002. I bought the K&N Air Filter and some duct tape. In Altima2002's picture of the engine, there are two silver boxes on the right hand side, one with a hole in the front, and another behind that, which has a tube going from there. Which one is the air box, and which is the air filter? I am assuming you remove the front one to find the whole that you tape the resonator at, but where exactly does this new K&N filter go? I guess a better question is, where is the old filter that I should be taking out? As much help/detail as possible will be appreciated, I don't want to mess anything up.
Look for your airbox.. it will have metal clips on the side of it.. push the metal clips towards your fender. Next, if necessary, loosen the clamp that is on the intake hose..(when you try to remove the top of the airbox, you'll know what I mean.. take out the stock airfilter, tape over the resonator, (see Altima's 2002 pics). Drop the K&N filter where your stock filter was.. put the clips back on.. tighten the clamp on the intake hose.. and drive.. :) Hope it helps..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok two questions. So the box that I want to remove is the second box in the picture, or the one that is farthest from the bumber (it has the tube on the left side of the picture), right? Also, is all the work done on that box, and nothing is done on the box before it? By all the work, I mean the air filter replacement, and the taping of the resonator hole? Thanks a lot for your help so far.

·
Former Alty Owner
961 Posts
Junkyard said:
Ok two questions. So the box that I want to remove is the second box in the picture, or the one that is farthest from the bumber (it has the tube on the left side of the picture), right? Also, is all the work done on that box, and nothing is done on the box before it? By all the work, I mean the air filter replacement, and the taping of the resonator hole? Thanks a lot for your help so far.
Yes, the second box is your airbox.. all the work is done there.. trust me.. I've never really modded my car before.. (this is all new to me) and I could figure it out.. Altima2002's instx were great.. very easy to do..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.