·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k lets say u compare a $300 clarion deck to a $300 alpine which one is better

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
ALPINE! I don't know about clarion, the ones I saw for 200$ don't even have bass/treble control!!! I don't know about the 300$ clarions decks, but I'd still get an Alpine, cause their decks are sweet!

·
Registered
46 Posts
think of it like this alpine is a quality name but so is clarion you can usually get the same features on a clarion for a couple bucks cheaper, and don't get me wrong about alpine i used to run it but do you really want a deck that is being maufactured by jvc. Jvc's parent company took over alpine about 5 years ago, and there legendary quality has never been the same since

·
Banned
0 Posts
i like my clarion. It is listed as a $450 deck, I got it on sale for $199. Its a Clarion ProAudio deck too....high end stuff. Very nice, good reception, sounded great before I had the subs and amps put in. I will not put down Alpine, but I will support Clarion.

·
Registered
237 Posts
And i will tell you the opposite.. i have used Clarion for years.. went through 3 high end decks... they are good.. yes... but when they got into financial trouble a couple of years ago, they went to crap.. switched to Alpine then, and will never go back... the sound quality that comes out of the 7949 i am running now is unbelievable... far beyond any Clarion deck that will ever be produced...

if you want good sound... stick by the one rule that solves it all
"You get what you pay for"

Later

Go with the Alpine... it may have less features, but it will sound much better....

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
How do you figure that Alpine quality isnt the same now? Also, Alpine is not made by JVC, they just both have the same parent company. And there are a lot of companies out there that have the same parent company, like infinity and JBL.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i used to sell alpine and jvc when the companies got together you first off could see a difference in the units as far as the way they were made and on top of that they started to use the same parts as jvc(but not completely)for cost effectiveness and i'm not exactly sure but i do believe the decks are made in the same in the same plant

1 - 7 of 7 Posts