The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips on cleaning inside the rims (non polished part)
or is it better to just leave alone?
Also, anyone have a problem with wind deflector?
I think it was installed too tightly by dealer and it has
hairline cracks in it.

3.5 se

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,209 Posts
I tie a rag around my pud and spray it with simple green...and it feels good!!

No for real..I have a very solf bristle dick shaped brush with Virgin Beaver hair or something like that.... that works very well with out removal of the wheel. It reachs all the way to the back of the rim..it is not fin,, but it does a good job and looks very nice when all clean

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
It's a losing battle cleaning the inside of your rim due to the brake dust from the brake pads. If you must clean them, I use just plain soap and water. If you do it religiously, it's not too bad.

As far as the wind deflector, it's a common thing. Mine also has hairline cracks towards the mounting bolts. I have decided to ignore this problem since it's a losing battle as well.

·
Mature Member
1,874 Posts
wild willy said:

Geez Willy, posts like this make you sound like a perv. Wait a minute, you are a perv, never mind................. j/k ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
buddy02, yeah, you are right . I think I prefer it without
the deflector. I am starting to like this car more and more.
1k miles, 3.5 se, opel blue

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,209 Posts
lizzy494 said:
wild willy said:

Geez Willy, posts like this make you sound like a perv. Wait a minute, you are a perv, never mind................. j/k ;)
It took you this long to figure that out:p :p :p :p

·
Registered
51 Posts
willy you killin me!!!

Took off my deflector after having car for one week. It had three cracks!!! Looks better w/o it.

Use willy's method of cleaning rims - ask willy for pud specifications!!

Good luck!

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
get the pube bristle brush at any autozone or big auto parts stores....ex. Pep Boys, AutoZone, etc..... the best way to solve the problem is buy some rims w/ big holes so that u can just reach in easily and clean the inside of the rims, also helps to clear brake dust out so that u don't get that annoying brake dust squeal

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The brush sounds like the way to go.
Other cleaning tips?
I use a soft bristle tooth brush to clean
around raised emblems and in crevices in dash area.

q-tips also work great for air conditioning vents.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,209 Posts
BigBadMike said:
Hey I can accept you being a perv.....but where does one get one of those brushes with the VIRGIN HAIR!! I heard those were a rare find!??:p
It's home made....I was a Gyno-Barber in my younger days.:D

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,209 Posts
As far as the deflector..I have had mine on/off many times...no cracks...You may be over tightening it

·
Registered
949 Posts
I have heard of people waxing the insides of their rims every once in a while to keep the brake dust from sticking to the finish on the rim. Has anyone done this, or even heard of this. Just curious.

g

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Try This New Stuff

Slurppie said:

I've tried it and it helps some....
Slurppie from the joke you sent to Willy, I thought you would be using that Nutbutter. It seems to be the answer to the build up problem!:angel1:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts