The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
And a Miracle Brush on the cloth interior ... it's great !!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
armor?

just wondering if armor all is the devil,

i use it on my dash and it looks fantastic....

thoughts?

·
Registered
884 Posts
I personally don't like the greasy look. I don't know where you live, but here in Texas, in the summer time, the temperatures reach up to 150 degrees in your closed car in the summer time. The ArmorAll starts to turn milky white on the dash and you have to re-apply all the time. Plus, it stays greasy and you then don't want to touch the dash. This is totally my opinion and you should use it if you have had positive results. I have a friend that puts it on his SUV dash every week. I just don't touch anything in his car when I ride with him.

I have also had aweful results with Rain-Ex. When it rains, it doesn't wick away the water at all, then when you use the wipers, the window is a greasy mess and you can't see anything!

·
Registered
3 Posts
FOG-X is even worse than Rain-X.

I have had my car 2 weeks now. As for the interior, my charcoal cloth seats had a lot of lint. The car wash vacuum didn't work. I used good old scotch tape to remove all of the lint :)
RATS

·
Registered
45 Posts
tape

hey use masking tape (you know the yellowish-white shit) and make it 2 or 3 rows thick. use that on your seats and it looks like it just drove off the lot... bling

·
Registered
23 Posts
Armor All is the devil

Yep, Armor All can cause your dash to crack and your tires to soften and wear faster. At thevery least it causes any airborn dust within a 1 mile radius of your car to stick to the dash.
Yes it does look shiney when you put it on, but that isn't really a good thing either. Just more glare from the sun.
As for Rain-X and Fog-X those are worse than Armor All. Again they cause dirt to stick to the glass, and after you decide they don't really work you can't get it off of the glass. They leave oily streaks on the glass.

As for the cloth interior. The tape works great, and you can buy "cat hair" rollers (made for cloths) that are just like a wide roll of masking tape. It will only take 1/4 the time using these.

KMC

·
Registered
45 Posts
tape and dash

yeah the rollers might work good, but a roll of tape cost less. also the tape is good for getting in the small areas that the "roller" can't reach.

i think i'll try a wet rag on the dash next time. see how it turns out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put Rain-X on my van and it worked great!! I just applied it as the directions said and I haven't had any problems, it's been on the windows for about 3 months.:confused:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don't bother with the Rain-X. Next time you wax the car, clean the windshield real good and just wax it along with the rest of the car. The rain will just bead up and run off just the same, and it won't streak like rain-X.

Kevin

·
M W S
386 Posts
rain-x is awesome! works as well as is shown on tv. the only time it streaks is when it has not been buffed off enough.

don't most waxes say not to use on the windshield?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use the Simoniz product. It goes on like a gel and has little blue balls inside that disolve and help to condition and protect the dash, vinyl and leather.

This helps to make the dash look moist in the sun and all I do is clean off any dirt or shoe marks behind the seat with a damp cloth. Works great.

O.k. the shoe marks on the dash clean off pretty easy too!!!!

Good luck :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Be very careful when clean the plastic covers on the instrument gauges and radio. They scratch suprisingly easy. I used a dry napkin to wipe some of the dust off the plastic and it left lots of little scratches. I wished Nissan would use something stronger than that cheap plastic. The cover on my Seiko watch has no scratches and I've worn it for years. Also, did anyone else notice how easily the exterior paint scratches? You can scratch the pain off with your finger nail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
for cleaning the interior there is also an amor all made for the interior it is greasless and low gloss. it comes in a black bottle.you can find it almost anywhere.i use it and it works fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Armor-All does contail silicon which according to all I have read is not good for vinyl. I have been using 303 Aerospace Protectant . According to the manufacture,
"303 is THE LEADER in UV screening technology and 303 Protectant really is like "SPF 40 Sunscreen ... For Your Stuff." Regular use of 303 Aerospace Protectant can reduce UV caused slow-fade by up to 100%. No other protectant beautifies as intensely, protects as powerfully or lasts as long.

The World's Most Manufacturer-Recommended product: Because of its enduring cosmetic properties, resistance to dust, soiling, and staining, water repellency and unparalleled protective abilities, manufacturers worldwide recommend 303 Aerospace Protectant for countless uses".

There are plenty of places to purchase it.
Here's a link to one of them
http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/interior.html

It is not cheep though. But much cheeper than a new dash.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use Mequiars vinyl cleaner with very good results. You can control how shiny it gets and it lasts a very long time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
dash as well as rest of car...

just bought a California Duster. works great on the dash and console.

also the next morning after washing your car, (depending where you park your car... carport for me.) there is always a thin coating of dust on the body and windows, taking away from the shine. the duster works like a charm, shine restored!! you need a California Duster !:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts