The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All sunroof drains are clogged and rain collects on the driver's mat. The dealer claims this VIN has four drain entries but that the rear ones route to the front and all water exits behind the front wheels. True?

Before I took the car in, I poured warm water into the visible front drain holes, and in the channels toward the rear drains (if there are any). The right rear corner dribbled behind the REAR wheel. So it appears that they DO exit behind the rear wheels. Am I right?

I used four kinds of flexible tubing/wire down the front drains but can't get more than 5 feet in. I tried to blow air through them but can't get a good seal so no success.

In any case, I took it to the dealer and he said it's fixed. But I checked it and everything is still clogged. I'm trying to find a cone-shaped rubber nozzle to blow the front drains out. I can't access the rear drain holes so how can I drain them? Find other end of the hoses and back-blow the? What's the best way to do this? I hope to get this fixed before the next rain.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,961 Posts
Page RF-75. Dealer is full of it, sunroof drains to all 4 corners.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I was fairly sure I was being handed a pile of carp. Service tech questionable, service writer questionable, service manager hasn't returned either of my calls. We bought the car here seven years ago and have followed factory-recommended maintenance. It's foolish to go there again. They wanted to schedule me for alternator belt and rear pads. Nope. And I didn't see any employees wearing masks. I'm high-risk - 79 years old, cardiac and pulmonary compromised. I'm not willing to be schweened by these folks and then die alone in some ICU with a ventilator stuck in my face.

Page RF-75. Dealer is full of it, sunroof drains to all 4 corners.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just FYI. Front drains fairly easy to get to. Driver side go near the dead pedal and look up you will see plastic tube probably will be brownish in color from build up. The tube just pops off and you can clear it. Passenger is behind the glove box. Another alternative is compressed air. harbor freight has a $50 air compressor that will do the job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer mechanic blew out all four tubes and his manager actually had him drive the car to my house! He said front drains feed into cowl, then join rainwater from the windshield (goes down behind firewall?) and dribbles to the ground. A long way from the dead pedal (and I'm 79 so even if I could get down in there, FDNY would need the jaws of life to get me out - but I'm stubborn so I'll look). I probably misunderstood. My 12v inflator and a piece of dirt bike fuel line would have worked but I need a hard rubber tip to get a good seal. I googled compressor accessories, found a nozzle I think will work, but should I buy a full set of connectors, adapters, tips, etc, just to find out the nozzle won't give me a good seal either and now I have all this stuff I'll never use? And I would still have two clogged rear drains. So now I'm good. I'll pour hot water into the holes regularly to try to keep dirt, pollen, leaves flushed (I have to park outside). Thanks very much for taking the time to help. Next car, no sunroof.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts