The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

When I depress the clutch on my 1993 Altima GXE there is a distinct click, and my mechanic tells me that he sees a spring rotating or something. He says it isnt doing any damage so he recommended that I don't do anything with it as it would cost a lot. It appears to me that it is not in the interior of the car, as I can't see anything making the sound. Has anybody had this problem and do you know how to fix it? Its really annoying me.

Thanks a lot.

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
Yep , mine has done that ever since I got it ... I have tried everything ... Ithink I am gona try replacing the clutch master cylinder ....

·
Registered
5 Posts
alsmat613 said:
Hi,

When I depress the clutch on my 1993 Altima GXE there is a distinct click, and my mechanic tells me that he sees a spring rotating or something. He says it isnt doing any damage so he recommended that I don't do anything with it as it would cost a lot. It appears to me that it is not in the interior of the car, as I can't see anything making the sound. Has anybody had this problem and do you know how to fix it? Its really annoying me.

Thanks a lot.
I also have clicking, but it’s because one of the plastic bushings on clutch mechanism (right under steering wheel) is broken. This happened because previous clutch I had on my car had very tight clutch master cylinder and every time I had to pressed hard and eventually bushing changed its shape and started “clicking”.

Not a big deal, but takes time to replace them - very inconvenient job.
Konstantin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.