The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just started hearing and feeling somethin clicking under the shifter when i push the break when i'm coming to a stop. have you guys had this problem? i have an auto

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is just the shift interlock solenoid. It is so you can't take it out of Park without applying the brake. I feel it in mine too. I have felt it in almost all of the Altimas I drove.
DP

·
Registered
20 Posts
yup. agreed. the noise you hear is just the shift lock. in fact if you put your hand over your gear selector panel (the plastic P,R,N,D,3,2,1) you will feel the solenoid engage and disengage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The TSB for this noise is for the 2002, not the 2003. I had the same problem, and it appeared to me that the noise was on the excessive side. I could hear it click in and out anytime I pressed the brake and was going under 10 MPH, even with the radio turned up. I brought it to the dealer, the service guy listened to the noise in my car, and then we went to another 2003 on the lot and the noise was practically inaudible. They ended up replacing the entire shifter, and the noise is now gone. Seems to me that the issue they had with the 2002 hasn't quite been fixed in all the 2003's. Maybe some of the original 2002 shifters made it in to some of the 2003s at the factory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts