The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody else have this problem? when i push the button for the floor, floor/defrost, face, and defrost button, the motor sounds like it is turning to the right part but it doesnt stop and just keeps going and starts a constant click.. not the engine, the motor that moves the air ducts inside the dash... cuase it just started today and it is pissing me off...it only stops when i have both the face/floor button in.

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
the little electric motor to switch the center vents is broken .... Mine did this also , It is a pain to get to , but the little plastic linkage piece breaks off then it just clicks ....

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
hmm..mine did that yesterday..and now it wont go to "head and feet" button..the head vents dont work at all!

·
Slow & Low
142 Posts
I had the same problem, but I took apart the dash to find the motor that was running because it was starting to burn up and smell. On mine it was happening only because the linkage to the flap would get stuck half way through its range of motion, and the motor would run and run trying to complete the cycle. I solved the problem by unplugging the motor...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Clicking noise

hey whats up..that annoying clicking noise you hear is in fact a little motor that controls which vents the heat/ait is coming out of. I own a 98 gle and havent had the problem yet, but on my friend 94 GXE he had the same problem.

he took it in the shop and got it fixed for 100 bucks..worth the money to get rid of that annoying noise.

peace,
tommy b

·
Registered
138 Posts
Re: Clicking noise

I got the same problem on my 94 alty with 123k on it

Look for the motor that is making the noise on the passenger side. There's a harness that connects to it .. All I did was disconnect it. Everything works fine without the noise.

If anyone can fix this problem with this solution .. please . please let me know .. cause i have no idea what i disconnected.

thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts