The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard to explain but I have a noise coming from the dash :sad:

When I start rolling there is a click click click electronic type sound rolling around 20 mph. Then when I start to break at that speed there is a spring type sound ( like a sping unwinding) then vibration in the brake pedal + a scarching sound. Its not the break pads they are 50 % used and have 40,000km on the car.
Its not the motor cause the car run just fine and power is great. Any idea what it could be ?
Thanks.

By the way this is the first problem I have on the car in 1 1/2 years. 2003/3.5 Alty Auto.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It just happens that I never got it fixed :confused2
But yesterday in heavy traffic my ABS light got on and my SLIP light got on at the same time.
These two lights being on the clicking sound & noises just stopped completelly :sad:

I figure the^problem must be comming from my ABS breaking system.
I drove for 40 miles like that with no sound at all problem solved :)
But as soon as I turned of the motor and restarted the car the noises came back again and the ABS & SLIP light are not on anymore. :bonk:

Try figure this one out . Besides that the car runs super :p

·
spinnin' !
226 Posts
I have the same problem with mine only it is intermittenet. After taking a reading on trouble codes I discovered it to be a faulty wheel sensor (ABS sensor on the rear passenger side) It is causing the ABS to be activated prematurely. This sounds exactly like what you are experiencing. I have yet to replace my faulty sensor. Being in Ontario Canada we have to deal with winter road conditions using salt. The bolt holding the sensor on snapped when trying to remove it due to corrosion and the hub has to have it drilled out. So I simply disconnected the faulty sensor. ABS light now comes on all the time and ABS is disabled. This is a job for springtime to finish :( So, what you need to do is have Nissan or anyone with a OBD-II reader check your ABS codes to see what's causing the problem. My suspision is a wheel sensor though. Good luck!

P.S. I just noticed you are in Montreal. I'm in Ottawa. Hope yours isn't as difficult to remove as mine if it is that.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I always drive with my TCS off and the problem persists. By the way when it stopped doing that noise,when ABS & Slip lights where on I coul'dt put my TCS back on.

How do you disconect the ABS braking system ? :sad:

·
spinnin' !
226 Posts
You can disable the abs by pulling the abs fuse. I would highly recommend you get the codes read from your car though so you know what is wrong. If you are still under warranty this should all be covered. I'm out of warranty unfortunately. :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Binz - do you press the button everytime you drive? My car always defaults to TCS on.

Yes, once it goes bezerk, I can't flip the modes.

M.P.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes,as soon as I start the car I press on the TCS button. I never ever drove with it on :)

For me its a waste of buttons,I love it when I can drive my car my way not the computer way. :bonk:
BTW I can switch on and off as I please never had the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts