The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that at some point we all have to change the clutch. Well after having my Z for a month I realized that it is slipping the high gears and sometimes 2nd if pushed hard enough :surprise. It gets pricy for a clutch for 350z. I have a 2007 DE swap from a G35 base. It need tons of little work with a few bigger things but it still drives.

Well i have looked around for a new clutch with flywheel combo but everything is at almost 1000 or up with the cheapest being a 910 JWT clutch kit with flywheel. I did a bit of research and found that I can get the Exedy NSK1000 OEM replacement and a lightweight flywheel from Clutch Comp on Amazon for about $660. or I can also swap the flywheel for the JWT lightweight one for a bit more. I can do the install myself over a weekend on my driveway so labor is free :) My only concern is that since it is an OEM clutch will it pair with the lightweight flywheel with no issues? I figured that if I ask I might get some feedback, now I'm in no rush to order yet since winter is here but I am trying to get all of the big stuff out of the way so I can finish with the small little details. I just replaced the radiator support and getting new headlights soon(wiring them is going to be a bitch) and i have to decide if I will keep or sell the BC OEM type coils and get true style coils.

Now I don't plan of taking her to the track or strip so performance is not what I'm looking for, the lightweightflywheels are at the same price range as the OEM dual mass, but I"m trying to save money.

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
If memory serves me right, JWT recommends their flywheel with their clutches for a particular reason (can't recall exactly why). If you want to go with the Exedy OEM style clutch, maybe look at the Fidanza lightweight flywheel. May be a good combo. Also, I'd look over a few reviews of the south bend clutches, too. Seem to have good reviews for your platform.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts