The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few days I have noticed that I have had a clunking noise coming from the back of the car when I make a turn . It almost sounds like an aluminum can being crushed type noise. I figure that maybe the shocks are binding or something like that. I have not taken it to dealer yet but am going to soon as this noise is bothersome. Has anybody else experienced this?

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,759 Posts
wineking said:
The last few days I have noticed that I have had a clunking noise coming from the back of the car when I make a turn . It almost sounds like an aluminum can being crushed type noise. I figure that maybe the shocks are binding or something like that. I have not taken it to dealer yet but am going to soon as this noise is bothersome. Has anybody else experienced this?
wineking....... Your damn skippy, i got the clunk in the trunk too, Been looking for weeks and can not find it. last resort is to take it to the morons at my dealer in town.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I phoned the dealership and they said to check the spare tire (which I did) and it was tight as could be. I booked an appointment this weekend. Sounds pretty structural and tinny to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got my car a few days ago and noticed the same thing. I figured it was a loose license plate cover and just ignored it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had a funny sound kind of tinny that seemed like it was comming from the centre of the car right at the back. It ended up being a cd case in the lower centre console. The sound seemed like it was comming from the rear upper brake light.If you have stuff there check it out!

·
Remember Me?
1,549 Posts
I read somewhere on the forum that someone found the back deck where the rear speakers are rattles...they were trying to fit some foam in there or something...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the clunking noise fixed. It seems as though it was coming from one of the rear control arms. The nut was loose and fell off so the control rod actually loosened and bent. The dealer ordered a new control arm for me and installed. Sounds quiet as can be now.

Dealer also fixed the automatic and economy climate modes on the heater. Seems as though the sending unit was never plugged in from factory. Dealer was great with both fixes.

·
465 Posts
wineking
I have noticed this sound also, but I am unsure what you mean by rear control arm. Please shine a little light for me!
Thanks in advance!

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,759 Posts
Same noise

Been lookin for two months plus. sounds like a clunk in the trunk.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Exactly, it was a clunking that sounded like it was coming from the trunk. have your car checked out as it sounds fine now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I sorry, I phoned my dealer again and he said it was one of the rear sway bars not the control arm. The noise was definitely suspension related.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,759 Posts
Checked sway bars

wineking said:
I sorry, I phoned my dealer again and he said it was one of the rear sway bars not the control arm. The noise was definitely suspension related.
Did a check on the sway bars, all tight. Did notice that the gas tank is not as secure as it maybe should be. Very noisy when you bang on it. I will continue my search before i turn it over to the morons!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem. When I put my snow tires on at the end of October I found the cause. The driver side rear sway bar attachment bolt was loose. After I tightened it up the noise was gone. Sure made me wonder what other bolts may not have been tightened.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts