The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a clunking noise that seems to come from the front suspension when I accelerate from a stop to moving forward. It is louder when I am also turning right or left from a stop. The dealer has replaced the steering rack and the driver side lower control arm with absolutely no luck in solving this noise problem. The car only has 500 miles on it and it started doing this noise right after I bought it (about 2 days). It seems to be getting worse. My car is a 2.5S with a five speed. Has anyone had this problem? If so what fixed it?
Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
Control Arm

My dad just bought a used 02 Altima, w/ 50k miles, and it had the exact same problem. But we took it to the dealership, and they said it was the lower control arm, they replaced it an the clunking sound stopped, so maybe you need the passenger side one replaced also?

·
Registered
9 Posts
mine kind of does the same thing, but i only notice it right when i turn it on and then go in reverse

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had the same thing on my 05 2.5, turned ot to be a defective strut. On the side that u here the clunk....open the hood and put your hand on top of the strut and bounce your car up and down, if u feel like a thumpin then its most likely the strut. Oh and i had this 2 weeks after buying the car and it was replaced under warrenty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.