The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I just got my Z yesterday. The car was not running when I got it because it would drain the battery and the alternator would not charge it. Long story short after removing the alt 2 times and getting it tested in multiple places, going threw all the fuses, it turned out to be the ground for the battery not grounding well. So I moved the ground to a better spot and it runs.

This car has a Rev-up swap but still running the 03 nor rev-up ecu and harness.

The main issue right now is trying to rewire all the shotty headlight wiring and the fact that my tach, speedo, and gas gauge don't work. I do have the brake warning light working tho, odd. Basically all the gauges besides the battery voltage and oil pressure don't work. I can roll the windows up and down, air controls work, stereo worked before I uninstalled it to reduce the possible causes. Also I want to note that some of the panels are not on right now, will put them on to finish it up. I have the interior pretty much taken apart. Not really sure what it can be, looked and looked around but nothing like my problem. I hope its just a fuse and I don't have to replace the cluster. This car is going to need tons of work but I'm down to get shit done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi, so if anyone out there is actually reading this, I ended up buying a new cluster, used and from ebay. It was a direct fit and worked! I guess that there must have been some sort of short that messed up the cluster. I suggest that if you have a bud with a Z ask them if you can test theirs out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts