The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an ongoing problem where my clutch pedal intermittently sticks to the floor, or doesn't spring back up. When this happens the gears are difficult to engage. Sometimes its so bad the car creeps at stops, or I can't even engage first at all without pumping it 20 times first - usually after driving for a while.

The first dealer wasted my time by bleeding it, replacing the pedal, adjusting the pedal, and accomplished nothing. The second dealer (gave up on the first) ordered a master and slave cylinder right away. The slave was on backorder for 2.5 months :(, but its fixed now and drives like new!

FYI for all you poor 5-speed owners that have this miserable problem.

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/search.php?searchid=5139

·
Registered
91 Posts
Glad to hear that, I am still having the problem. Is your car out of warranty? How many miles do you have? Did the dealer cover the cost or did you pay out of pocket? If you did have to pay for it, how much was it? I have a 1200 mile trip coming up next month and need to get mine fixed, but I have been waiting until the last minute as usual. Thanks in advanced

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was still barely within 3/36 so it was all covered. If you have some record of the problem existing before the 3/36 expiration, you can use that to get it covered.

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes and its like a new car now again! I'm driving it to death and 36,000 miles is history. :( What a blast taking second gear rubber and feeling like I know how to drive a manual once again. I was getting so used to trying to drive this thing with the mystery clutch I couldn't even drive my wife's maxima decently anymore lol!

·
Yankmy Member
715 Posts
I had this happen to me a while back, it happened twice in a month, I took it to the dealership, they did nothing and proceeded to tell me that the cluthc fluid wasn't filling up all the way if you don't fully engage your cluth and that can cuse it to stick to the floor next time you press the clutch down. They are such asses, but anyway it has not happened since and it has been about 25,000 miles. I am glad to hear if it happens again I know what the true culprit is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts