The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 94 alt se and when the car is on and im either coasting or at a stop and rest my foot lightly on the clutch pedal it sinks and when i take my foot off it doesnt come back up like normal unless i pump it fast a couple of times.What the [email protected]#k is going on and how do i fix it???Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
check your hydrolic (brake) fluid to start with. And while you're at it, just make sure u got enuf tranny fluid in there too.
We'll start from there.
Jay

·
was up
2,392 Posts
dont rest your foot on the clutch, thats not good.:D

dont coast (with the clutch in ??? no) in neutral? why...just keep it in gear, either down shift or just slow down then push in the clutch just before you stop. put it in neutral and chill.

·
Registered
3 Posts
does this happen alot? I had a similar problem and i found it to be a leak in my hydrolic line causing air to get into the system. After fruther inspection, i found my slave cylinder to be leaking, and i replaced it, bled the clutch, put new brake fluid in and now i dont have a problem.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
soupbone93's thinking along the same lines as me. thanx soupbone93!

This one time [in band camp] my gf was driving the Altima from Los Angeles to San Diego following me (I was in my volvo). The whole trip down, no problem. Then we got on the offramp and stopped @ the light @ the end of the offramp. Light turns green and I'm off as usual but she doesn't move. I get on my 2way frs radio and she says the clutch it's working. She's able to get it moving up the block and parks behind me.

Sure enuf, the clutch is feeling heavy and won't spring back up normally. I'm able to drive it 4 more miles, stop/go traffic, and definitely killing the clutch.

I get home and look around...no hydrolic fluid..POS!!! Anyways, topped off and bled slave cylinder (can't figure out where the master cylinder bleeder is). And now clutch works normally. However, clutch is dead. We're buying an ACT clutch in a month.

Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.