The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we still get the deal on the ACT clutches on the main page? Its been there a long time now just wondering.

Will a stock clutch last longer than an aftermarket performance clutch?

Whats the diff between 4 puck, 6 puck and street disc?

Lastly which one is right for me? Stock or an aftermarket performance clutch?

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
4 puck and 6 puck are WAY TOO strong for anything you most likely have. Hell, it's too strong for a lot of the cars here. The street disc is the way to go. The engagement is almost instant and very stiff. The pucks are even worse. I do not recommend the 4 or 6 puck unless you have every single bo0lt on available and a 100 shot of NOS. Otherwise, the street disc is fine and well worth the money.
If it's broken in correctly and not abused, the perfromance clutch should last a little longer than an OE clutch. It all depends on the driver. Some may go through a clutch every 30,000, some others may take over 80,000. It all depends on how you drive. With a perfromance clutch, you shouldn't try to be ginger with it, just in and out with the pedal, very quick. Granny shifting and slow pedal work can wear it out much quicker.
Not sure about the deal with Asylum MS , i tried it when i was getting mine. I ordered and a month later, still nothing. I called NUMEROUS times and never got any reponses. Luckily, my card was never charged. So, when i finally got through, i canceled the order and went through www.mmrusa.com for $30 more. I received it within a week.

I love mine w/ the JUN lightened flywheel. It's a little different than OEM, remember that. I was a little disappointed with it at first, but quickly got used to it, and now i love it. Just be sure it's what you want, and you NEED it. If it's not needed, i'd spend the money elsewhere. I know of few Alty owners w/ stock clutches runnin NOS and having no problems. Make sure you have a lot of hp or it needs to be replaced anyway.

Hope i helped.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
WOW! thanks man, that was very helpful! Do you know how much a stock clutch would cost?

Also, I hardley ever race or drive hard. The reason I think my clutch is going out so soon is that I learned to drive a 5sp on my altima. With this in mind should I stick to a new stock clutch or upgrade?

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
98se said:
WOW! thanks man, that was very helpful! Do you know how much a stock clutch would cost?

Also, I hardley ever race or drive hard. The reason I think my clutch is going out so soon is that I learned to drive a 5sp on my altima. With this in mind should I stick to a new stock clutch or upgrade?
a new stock clutch parts and labor is gonna run about $330-$390 or so. Depends on where you live and what mechanic.

If you hardly ever race or drive hard, and have not many plans in the future to make the car faster, then i'd save the money, and just get a stock clutch put it. I spent well over $1000 in the tranny itself.

$330 ACT street disc clutch
$450 JUN lightened flywheel
$360 installation
$150 misc. (shifters, replacement parts, etc)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm probaly gonna stick with a new stock clutch. All I have now is i/e and I will be getting a header. I don't plan on going turbo or n2o...anytime soon.

You have been very helpful 1fastaltima! I appreciate it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts