The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 gxe stick and my clutch is fried and I only have 50000 miles on my car. Dont they usually last longer than that. I was wondering if it was something i did. I am good at driving stick and shit so i was wondering what the deal was.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
Nah, that sounds about right. Mine went out in my previous car around that time. Especially if you race or dog it all the time. It's ready to be replaced.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when it went out what kind of clutch did you replace it with? Did you like the new clutch you got? How much was it all together to get a new clutch plus installation.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
well, on the other car, i replaced it with another OEM clutch. It worked out great, $300+ parts and labor

On my Altima, i just recently put on the ACT street disc and the JUN lightened flywheel. I love it! It grabs like S.O.B. I can chirp 3rd gear no prob. The Clutch was $330, the flywheel was $425, and installation was about $250.

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
I Wish i had stick!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
1 Posts
1fastaltima said:
well, on the other car, i replaced it with another OEM clutch. It worked out great, $300+ parts and labor

On my Altima, i just recently put on the ACT street disc and the JUN lightened flywheel. I love it! It grabs like S.O.B. I can chirp 3rd gear no prob. The Clutch was $330, the flywheel was $425, and installation was about $250.
damn....775 for a clutch.......WOW

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
Hawaii5speed said:
what short shifter did you have put on? Crazy.... you can chirp 3rd gear? are you running the stock rims too?
I used a universal shifter for Nissan's. It sucks. Now i have the Integra shifter. Not that great either. I guess when i get the money, I'll just have to go ahead and get the Stillen one. It's over $230! DAMN.

Yup, chirpin 3rd all day long. Stock 15" wheels.

·
Registered
788 Posts
50,000 miles is not right. I have been around nissans for decades & one one is for sure, they build clutches that last. I went about 200,000 on the stock clutch in my Z. My alty has 130,000 on it with no problems. Oh yes I am hard on them.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
Tommy said:
50,000 miles is not right. I have been around nissans for decades & one one is for sure, they build clutches that last. I went about 200,000 on the stock clutch in my Z. My alty has 130,000 on it with no problems. Oh yes I am hard on them.
well, that's quite the accomplishment *applause* I've never heard of any clutch lasting that long. Let me ask you this though, have you owned those cars since they were brand new? In other words, how do you know they weren't replaced before you got them? Just a question, not meant to be an Asshole.

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
I need to replace the clutch on my car (the nitrous is tearing it up). I have 40,000 miles on it and it is starting to slip (its the nitrous' fault). Im thinking of going with the clutch masters clutch cuz ive heard bad things about ACT eating pressure plates in 30,000 miles. Anyone know anything about the clutch masters kit (stage 2)??

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
SuprStyl said:
I need to replace the clutch on my car (the nitrous is tearing it up). I have 40,000 miles on it and it is starting to slip (its the nitrous' fault). Im thinking of going with the clutch masters clutch cuz ive heard bad things about ACT eating pressure plates in 30,000 miles. Anyone know anything about the clutch masters kit (stage 2)??
actually, i've heard bad things about all Clutch Masters. Once again, it's owner preference. I have the ACT street disc and JUN flywheel. I love it and there's no probs.

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
At the moment, i think ill go with whatever is cheaper... The burning clutch smell at the drags last nite was pretty bad (not to metion watching the tach act like i was driving a auto, slowly went back to 4,000 rmps after a shift, not a crisp snap like it used to)

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Ya it sucks, because its starting to do that off nitrous when i shift around 6,000+ rmps. I know i should have done the clutch before i put the nitrous in, but i also said i was only going to do a 50 shot of it....

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
SuprStyl said:
Ya it sucks, because its starting to do that off nitrous when i shift around 6,000+ rmps. I know i should have done the clutch before i put the nitrous in, but i also said i was only going to do a 50 shot of it....
i'm planning on squeezing soon, and i wanted to make sure i had all the basics done before it's put in.

clutch
ignition
i/h/e
pulley
motor mounts
etc

·
ASE certified wiseass
431 Posts
Cheaper

The ACT will be substantially less expensive than the Clutchmasters.

I've heard bad things about both clutch manufacturers, so take your pick.

Of course, since the clutch engagement ahs to be exactly like stock (cuz the wife drives it) I will be going OEM when I have to.

I have 85K on the stock clutch and it is still doing great. Then again, the car is pretty much stock.

Randy

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have a Clutch Masters stage 3 and flywheel. I love it, I've put close to 10,000 miles on it and it still grabs just as strong as when I first got it. When I bought mine, stage 2 and 3 where the same price, so I got a stage 3. It is very streetable, I thought the pedal would be a lot stiffer actually. I've heard bad about both also, but I can't complain. Peace

1 - 20 of 23 Posts