The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some picture of my new 2001 Altima SE. Completely stock for now, haven't decided what I want to do yet. Whatever it is, it has to be smooth (dual exhaust will probably come first).

·
Registered Abuser
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, it will probably just be fake (just place a muffler back there), so only for show. I just love the way it looks.

P.S. What color is that exactly?

·
that was dumb.
2,336 Posts
Why would you put a fake muffler back there. If I was a judge at a show, I would place you in last because of that.

I got real dual, and it's far too loud (the headers and piping dont help). Stick with one.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
pauliewog said:
Why would you put a fake muffler back there. If I was a judge at a show, I would place you in last because of that.

I got real dual, and it's far too loud (the headers and piping dont help). Stick with one.
you have real duals on which car? the Z or the altima?

·
Registered Abuser
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone know what the name of the color of my car is?

Also, I wouldn't add the duals to be judged, I just think it looks awesome:

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
i have the same color/model as you...mine is 5spd, dunno if urs is...dont do dual exhaust, or dual tip for that matter either...first thing, get an eibach prokit!!! look at my registry for pics...

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
dont do the duals. the only time a 4 banger car LOOKS good with duals, is if it has a body kit with dual openings. but for functionality, dont do it. you will lose power, and sound like a civic

·
Registered Abuser
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, mine is a 5-speed, and yes, that picture was made in Photoshop. I think that as long as the tips aren't huge, it looks classy and nice (TL, TSX, 6).

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
its your car, but you will regret it later. to each his own. just remember, whats under the hood of the TL, TSX, and Mazda 6 (v6 not the 4 banger) is for functionality. you are losing the functionality of your exhaust system if you put a dual exhaust on a 4cyl car. any 4 cyl car

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
no duel exhaust. it is gay and does not look good. and if you are going to put a fake muffler back there i think a lot of people will stick you in the rice pile. but it is your car

·
Registered Abuser
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It was never my intention to make an actual working dual exhaust. I am probably just going to attach another muffler to the other side. And if I don't like it... I can just take it off.

Also, the Mazda6i (the 4-cyl) has a dual exhaust as does the TSX (4-cyl, also).

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
you maybe right about the tsx and the 6. i dont know much about them to be completly honest. but you dont drive one, so you putting a dual system on your car is just dumb. and if you put it on there just so your car looks like it has a stock dual exhuast and not even functional......you may join the "ricer world", they are always accepting new members

1 - 20 of 31 Posts