The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when installing coilovers is it necessary to replace the entire strut or does it fit. How hard is it to install coilovers? any one reading this that has done it, how hard and how much did you spend? do you like it? thanx

·
Banned
270 Posts
try this forum:
The TireRack.com : Suspension, Brakes, Rims & Tires Forum (1993-2001)

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
depends on what type u get....

Ground Control (SLEEVE COILOVER SYSTEMS)...u can use whatever struts u want, stock/tokico/kyb

but for...

full systems (TEIN, JIC, etc) they come w/ strunts built in (FULL COILOVER SYSTEMS)...and u can litterally jack the car up...take the old assembly off and replace w/o a compressor of n e kind...

these full systems have yet to be released...

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx. if anything i would use ground controls and leave it at about an inch drop on the stock struts till i got the cash for struts. and install fee aint shit. i can do it all fo free at skoo. gotta love college!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
we have ground controls they cost us 410.00 all together shipped and taxed....my b/f installed them himself on factory struts all the way down without cutting the perch, it took him an afternoon, wasnt that hard but time consuming--the factory struts lasted almost a yr without blowing.......the ride is pretty stiff but handles really really well. I say all in all its worth it

Brandie

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
GC's and Toks are the best setup available. I cant wait to see the results Peterson gets once he puts his on. I wanna see it fully down!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts