The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some coilovers off ebay about 6 months or so ago supposed to be 0-4 inches the fender gap closed about 4 inches but I was wondering if I weer to get a namebrand set would my car actually drop farther ? thanks

·
His Majesty
1,498 Posts
I think 4 is probably the max. Most coilovers are the same except for the stiffness in the spring. My DZ coilovers are all the way down sitting on the strut hat on the fronts. The backs are about a half inch up from the bottom of the sleeve. Check out the link in my SIG to see some pictures.

·
Banned
377 Posts
i wouldnt go farther then 4 unless u plan on losin an oil pan and everything else under your engine

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do you mean modify the strut ? and I dont think my car is actually droped 4 inches I have 225/40/18 and theer is still a 2 ich fender gap on the front with my coilovers adjusted all the way to the bottom Help!!!! did I not do something right? I wish I had a pic and I will try to tomorrow but I need some advice today thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool thanks maybe it is dropped 4 inches then it just dont look like it my setup looks the same as yours
thanks

·
His Majesty
1,498 Posts
what size tires do you have? mines are 215/45/17 which are almost direct replacements for the stock size. Maybe yours is undersized?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we installed some arospeed coilovers on a buddies car tonight and when he turns it pops I was wondering if everyones does and if not what could we have done wrong?

·
projected member
919 Posts
94altimamo said:
I bought some coilovers off ebay about 6 months or so ago supposed to be 0-4 inches the fender gap closed about 4 inches but I was wondering if I weer to get a namebrand set would my car actually drop farther ? thanks
the front and rear springs are different sizes. rear is a little longer than the front

1 - 11 of 11 Posts