The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there will be a coilover system ready for the altima in 3-4weeks.
I forgot the company name but i just remember it's a reliable company. It costs approx 350$ so it's about the same price as H&R or eibachs. My shop told me that the wait on the H&R springs is approx 5-6 weeks so i think i might be getting the coilovers. Might as well pay a few buck more and be able to control the height of the car :)

·
1,333 Posts
Very Interesting. If you get anymore info on the company let us know. Maybe we can arrange a group buy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Coil-Overs

SE-Rious said:
Great News hee1!!!!
Hopefully they're Ground Control
with Eibach springs!
YES!!! THAT'S THE NAME!! :)
Ground COntrol guys! And probably with eibachs. :)
I'd definietly go for this baby. One month wait will be worth it.

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
Yeah what's another month? I'll wait. Maybe we'll get what we were told we'd get and when we were told we'd get it this time....

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
I called Ground Control today and verified that the coil-overs will be available in three weeks!!:D :D :D :D Until then, I bought some spring clamps:eek: , will install them this weekend and post pics (not photoshopped for the first time!), unless Ritepina beats me to it!:p

·
Registered
81 Posts
Alright, I'm an old foggy. Someone please tell me what a coilover system is and what it will do for an altima?

Thanks

OpalBlue (hobbling with walker out to gaze at altima) ;)

·
1,333 Posts
OpalBlue said:
Alright, I'm an old foggy. Someone please tell me what a coilover system is and what it will do for an altima?

Thanks

My understanding is that it will allow you to adjust the ride height of your Alty. I think? It also helps the alignment/camber issue? Im not totally sure. Can anyone else gives a a clue?

·
Registered
884 Posts
OpalBlue said:
Thanks
It's cool OpalBlue! I am learning a lot of import stuff too since I have had My 2002 Altima. And you don't use CoilOvers on a 1937 Plymouth!

They are basically adjustable height springs. Look at the picture below. See the gold thing just below the red spring? It is on a threaded center shaft. You can turn that, thus moving the gold up on the shaft and compressing the spring. You are going to get a firmer ride, and a lower stance, since the spring will be shorter. Shorter stance will improve looks and cornering.

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
1,213 Posts
OoOoh man... I so want a set now! $399 seems to be a fair price too. What with our altimas having what seems to be a higher ride height in the front than in the rear, having adjustable ride height for each corner helps balance it out as opposed to getting a standard set of springs.

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
I understand how they work, but what do you get for $399? It can't include a new strut body for that price, so is it a sleeve and you have to cut off the old lower spring perch or what?

·
My little champion...
2,388 Posts
What kind of Eibach springs?

Altimat said:
I understand how they work, but what do you get for $399? It can't include a new strut body for that price, so is it a sleeve and you have to cut off the old lower spring perch or what?
I agree with Altimat, that price sounds like the OEM struts will have to be used. Now I wish that KYB would make some AGX struts for our car. I don't think I want Eibach springs on STOCK struts...

Hey shouldn't we be heading to the modification's thread that JRC suggested for this... Collect all the information in one area instead of having it scattered all over.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Altimat said:
I called Ground Control today and verified that the coil-overs will be available in three weeks!!:D :D :D :D Until then, I bought some spring clamps:eek: , will install them this weekend and post pics (not photoshopped for the first time!), unless Ritepina beats me to it!:p
Did they tell u how much it's gono be?

·
Former Honda owner
71 Posts
got you beat! installed just now. j/k :p

i am out of town a few days this week so will happen on saturday. i also called ground control and the kit they are making will use the stock struts and eibach coils. he said will require some modification to the strut. (didn't specify what) price approx 399- 419. sounds good if ready in 3-4 weeks.

Altimat said:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts