The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it ok to put coilovers on if you use your car for everyday purpose? Cuz i went to this performance shop yesterday and this guy told me that coilovers are only good 4 show...i don't believe him but i figured a 2nd opinion would be good.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
there is some truth to that, coilovers don't give you the same handling gain as springs, coilovers are very noisy because they have metal rubbing against metal and have a hard ride, they could be used for a daily commute but it is originally was meant for show, furthermore every time you change the height you need alignment. with show cars that isn't a problem

·
8,112 Posts
ALTIMA-SKYLINE said:
there is some truth to that, coilovers don't give you the same handling gain as springs, coilovers are very noisy because they have metal rubbing against metal and have a hard ride, they could be used for a daily commute but it is originally was meant for show, furthermore every time you change the height you need alignment. with show cars that isn't a problem
I have had my coilovers for 6 month's and I drive almost 80 mile's a day.

The only time your going to have a rough ride with coil's is when your slammed. If you raise them up so they have a 2 inch drop they will ride just as rough as sprint's.

For noise? I have no idea what you talkin about. I have absolutly no noise with mine as I did with my stock KYB's and springs.

You don't need alignment everytime you change the height. Just get the trusty ruler out to get the perfect height all around. You can get an alignment but not nessarly everytime.

I love them and never see myself going with springs. I love the look of being slammed.:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts