The Nissan Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone notice with the ATC in econo mode, when you select the dash vents, cool air comes into the car. I read the manual quickly and it appears that is the way it is supposed to operate. I would like to get warm air up top so I have been using the foot and defroster locations. Anybody have any suggestions on how to get warm air from those dash vents?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, I don't seem to be getting the hot air from the dash vents. I will try leaving it in auto tomorrow, are you in econo when you get the war air? If that is the case I guess it will be one more thing that they will have to fix!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried in auto and it was hot and then tried in econo and it was hot. Only thing I can think of is I usually hold the temp around 65deg so when the mixing door opens (it only has three positions) I think the amount of heat being mixed with the outside air just doesn't contain enough energy to make it air out of the vents warmer. Of course with the temp sensor down low, it gets tricked. When I put the temp at anything higher then 70 deg, it worked perfectly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
HOT HOHOT!!!

Mine is ALWAYS HOT DAMIT!!!.
IT IS HOT with eco.....
but it is always hot. If i turn the AIR off hot air blows out the car it will even fog the front window if i have the windows down.

·
Registered
884 Posts
tytalian said:
I always keep mine in auto. What are the advantages of running in econ? Better gas miles?
Auto means that your compressor is running. So if you have it set at 90 degrees, your cold air compressor is running and making cold air, but the valve is only letting hot air through.

Econ runs the air system without the compressor on. So if you turned it down to 60 degrees and it was 70 degrees outside, you aren't going to get much cooler than 70 degrees.

And yes. If you turn of your compressor, or air conditioning, you get better gas milage and more horsepower. If you are a stop light racer, turn that Air or Auto off!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.