The Nissan Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
downhillracer said:
i live in Florida and during the winter when it's freakin frezin' outside (60º) is it bad to rev it a few times to like 3500 RPMs to heat the engine so the heat works faster?
:rolleyes: Man, that 60 degree weather must be killing you, I'm out on shorts and a t-shirt now in below zero temperature

·
DrUnKeN_TiGeR
206 Posts
60 degrees in not cold. However, if the weather was like 15 degrees and you did a little revving to heat up the engine, this would NOT be a good idea. Just be patient and start the car giving it like 5-8 minutes to warm up.

·
Dad
316 Posts
reving the engine doesn't make it heat up any faster - it will actually heat up faster if you let it idle. The coolant circulates more slowly that way. Also, leave the fan off for the first minute or so. I have had alot of experience with cold mornings here!

·
Registered
12 Posts
95_XE said:
Back to the topic, I usually let the car run for a minute or two, and then drive shifting at 1500-2000rpm until it warms up
same with me... but i heard youre only supposed to let it warm up for half a minute to a minute, because the oil needs to circulate around the engine... but i also go easy on the car until it hits the normal warm spot... but when i start the car i rev it a little bit, (2500 rpms maybe) so it warms up quicker but im talking about 30 degrees or so outside not 60 lol... in 60 it warms up much quicker

·
Rally U13
896 Posts
you are spoiled, you know that? when i was up north, that was summer weather. 0 degrees celsius was the normal winter temp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.