The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a list that has all the common problems with altimas?

It seems that when people make a thread about problems with their cars, the response is that "it is a common problem with our cars."
Iif there isnt a list, can we make one?

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I think ppl post that "it is a common problem!", because some of us have gone through it or still have what is thought to be a problem. Or we have read it posted here and had discussions on the issue, and resolved it to be common since many ppl observe the same thing.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
- Wind noises/air leaks in weatherstripping
- Clicking sound when lifting off of gas with the A/C on - compressor switching on and off
- It's not fast enough! (it's an Altima danggit!):)

·
VTEC wont save you....
1,939 Posts
Hmmm...

Timing chain clatter.
Idle issues.
Belt tensioner(pulley).
Eats through stock tires in the front.Doesnt seem to have this issue on bigger tires/rims.(at least on my 2Gen).
Fuel gauge does not go all the way to F

Thats about it for me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What about on 2nd geners like my 2K the engine fan continuing to run for various lengths of time after the car has been turned off. My 1st gen 95 didn't do this, as I recall.

Is that just normal or is it a problem? If it's a problem, is there a fix?

·
VTEC wont save you....
1,939 Posts
Altimus Prime said:
What about on 2nd geners like my 2K the engine fan continuing to run for various lengths of time after the car has been turned off. My 1st gen 95 didn't do this, as I recall.

Normal dude..mine does the same and I am pretty sure the owners manual tackles this question.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's in the manual? I'll have to look that up. Either I saw it and forgot it or didn't think to look.

I've had people, especially my father, stare strangely at my car when the fan runs after I've turned it off.

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
1,888 Posts
Altimus Prime said:
It's in the manual? I'll have to look that up. Either I saw it and forgot it or didn't think to look.

I've had people, especially my father, stare strangely at my car when the fan runs after I've turned it off.
ive seen cars like that b4................i thought it was supposed to do that...............

-squeaky brakes......................:angry2:

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Altimus Prime said:

normal..

·
87 octane evangelist
89 Posts
starters
alternators
possessed power windows (when it's been raining)
distributor going bad (expensive)
power antennas
really bad mileage

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
to add....

Bad mileage,
bad idle tensioner (rattles from belts)
CAR GOES OUT OF ALIGNMENT EVERY 5 MINUTES
Assorted rattles (dash & window)..

that's it for me....

I've only had the car fan stay on once after I turned it off. and that was for like 10 seconds...

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nice list we got going, not as long as I thought it would be.
I guess, im lucky b/c I havent had too many of those problems. The one that bugs me the most is the squeaky brakes.

·
<for hire>
1,016 Posts
i read that somebody mentioned alignment going out every 5 minutes, is there any way to avoid this? (obivosuly not hitting curbs or anything as such)..
i've had my car for 2 weeks now, and i hear a whup whup whup whup sound every freakin time I drive, when i got it the ride was ssooo smooth, now it's crap.. what's the deal with this?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.