The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I can't help you but I know the Compass/temp mirron on our 2.5S is screwed. Once in a while the damn display won't turn on when you start the car. Have not touched the mirror and it works for days....then all of a sudden nothing.

I know it's getting power cause I can see the auto-dimmer light is lit but neither the compass nor the temp comes on.

I am just going to take it back to the dealer and tell them I want a new one under warranty.

I am tired of hearing about dealers (mine as well) telling customers things are 'normal' when we know damn well they are not......

I know I hear rear end suspension noises too....but they 'Could not reproduce the noise' when I had it in last. BS.

·
Shift_???
136 Posts
Compass in the mirror..??!?! what are you guys talking about, I don't have this in my 2.5SL..?? and there is nothing missing in the options, I even got the fogs and OEM Spoiler on the back, but I don't have a compass in the mirror, or anywhere is shows the direction i'm going..?? Actually the only option i'm missing is the ATC, could it be part of that package..???

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
You should have received a set of instructions for the mirror with the car, in there are instructions on how to reset the electronics as well as how to program the compass. Try that, if it doesn't help take it in to service.

Blue, it seems as though there are 2-3 different EC mirrors that have been sold with the Altimas, one with compass, one with comass and temp and one without either of those. Mine has a compass and the temp readout is on the dash as part of the CVC package on my 02. I wonder if yours is just turned off. There should be 2 buttons on your EC mirror, one which toggles the EC function on and off and the other turns the readout on and off. Check your window sticker and see what it says for options...it should list the functions your mirror can do (if any).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah TDoyle is right. When The tech looked at my mirror the first time he had no clue it should have been there. Seems Nissan added that as an addition after production had started or something. He said it was a factory add on.

Thing that gets me is how they hook it up for power. They used a piggy-back fuse connector in the fuse panel for it. I thought that was a little cheap but the power on it isn't the issue I suppose.

I will go back and look through my manual this evening and see if I have anything on it. I'll get back with you later and see what I find.

·
Shift_???
136 Posts
Then I guess I don't have to compass on my rearview mirror, the only two buttons I have is OFF and AUTO, for the auto dimming when cars are behing me...Also there is no display on the mirror, so I guess I got somewhat screwed, but i'll need to check the equipment on the SL, if it says there is a compass that comes standard, I sure can tell you they will be ordering one for me, and it'll be FREE....if not they'll know my name for sure, since I already got screwed on the extended warranty..!!

Thx guys..!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Smitty 3.5 said:
I think its a Canadian thing because I don't have any special mirror, only auto-dimming. I got screwed on the extended warranty as well.
I'll know in about 3 weeks if I've got the mirror w/compass (also in Canada).

What's the deal with being "screwed" on the extended warranty? Were you just not happy with the price, or did you have a particular problem with it? I haven't decided yet, but you have up until the original 3 year warranty expires to decide anyway.

FYI, I was quoted $1650 for 84/120K. How about you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts