The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Competition Level subs, I want to be able to compeat, somehting that can hit a high db what would you guys suggest, I don't want anything extremly expensive but something that can hang. Is SPL good, SoundStream? Can Kicker L7's compeat?

Probbally want to run 12's

12" SPL DVC Competition Subwoofers Dual 4 ohm 1200 rms, any good?

Thanks
Yotaru

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
i haven't heard anything about spl...i'd go with kicker solo's...but my personal sub of choice would be a diamond tdx....easily outbass the l7's and w7's for that matter...but they run about 600 a piece i believe..

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
600 a piece is kind of high for me, I just want to try and win a couple local competitions to get some wins under my belt. And I know some people who compete in them and there systems aren't that loud and they get like 3rd and 2nd

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
MEMPHIS AUDIO LVS SERIES. and it aint cheap at all, this is competition shit..my boy at the shop has 2 10inch LVS, at -5 on his bass control, it still knocks like a mo fo..it weighs around 40lbs and RMA is 800 and MAX is 1200

·
2,446 Posts
All of you people are talking competition but you have no numbers to back it up. First I would say to go to the competitions yourself, see what other people are running, see what kind of numbers the people who win are hitting. Are you going for straight up SPL? What's your budget?

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
the lvs, true work of art! :) i just put my new memphis amp in and it knocks. noticed you got the st1000d sh8me...i just got the new model of it. sooo nice

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
i'm htiting right around 143 (estimate) with my old setup i was at 141 and i doubled my power and upgraded subs...still need to get my d4's so i can pull the extra around 450 watts outta the memphis amp tho

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm just asking what I need to be able to hang in competitions. I was wonderingh what db people were hitting etc.

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was told I could probbaly hit about 155-160 db with two kicker l7 2 ohm with a kicker 1200.1 amp with my trunk dynamatted and in a ported box? Does that sound about right?

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
honestly...it dpedns on class AND what type of competition it is. all of them are classed differently. so like gavin said i would go to one of the competitioons for the one you want to compete in.

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
honestly? no...doesn't sound right....you'd hit about 150 db's (complete estimate for an altima)...a guy i know has 2 l7's in a jeep and hits about 153 and he has all the air to move around...you are going to be going throgh seats which takes away from spl...but you should still be hitting decent numbers

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
As of yet the LVS is fairly a flop as far as what it was intended for, It doesn't put up great numbers or (from the reports i heard) sound that great. The TDX is still too new to see what it can do.

For $200 per sub the best SPL sub i can think of is the Resonant Engineering SE.... as long as you are not too set on having good SQ. If you want a great combination of both the Elemental Designs K series is awesome.

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
LOUDNISSAN, what MEMPHIS u got..amp, subs? im pushiing the 1000d to 2 12 HPO, im thinking about adding another 1000d and gettin the SHP's. but i am very satisfied with my setup/memphis products.

u wont know how much DB u hit, until u put the shit in ur car.
it will depend on the install, what subs u go with, ur amp etc..
i could have sub X in my car and sound like shit..then i can get that same sub and put it in another car maybe different enclosure and that shit would knock....

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
u wont know how much DB u hit, until u put the shit in ur car.
it will depend on the install, what subs u go with, ur amp etc..
i could have sub X in my car and sound like shit..then i can get that same sub and put it in another car maybe different enclosure and that shit would knock....
I understand that thats why I am asking this in an Altima forum I was wondering what numbers you guys were hitting. With your setups.

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
i was hitting 140.9...but that was before all the upgrades. so now that i have upgraded i haven't been remetered but i know it's easily 2 db's louder. as soon as i get metered with the new shit (wont be for a few weeks tho) i'll post some numbers for you guys.

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
oh...your friends that compete...wha tkind of numbers do they hit? i myself haven't gone to a competition and am curious as to what kind of numbers give them second or third

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll have to ask them when I'm back in my hometown, I'm currently in college and away from my hometown.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts