The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the car to the bay to hose it off and noticed condensation had formed in the tail light assembly. Anyone else??????

·
Registered
717 Posts
Condensation?

Not in mine Bill, but I do remember others having this
problem on another thread.
Ironically, I did notice a few on the lot that had
mist inside the tail light assembly.
The seal must not be as tight as it should.

G

·
I once got some in the front headlight but the temp dropped from 60 to about 30 in a few hours. Problem has not returned

·
Registered
5 Posts
mist

my car is 3 weeks old and I have noticed small amounts of condensation in my tail lights too. I only noticed it once and it doesn't seem to be causing a problem yet. I guess It'll be okay- I just don't want the inside of the tail light (chrome part) to become dull or dirty.

·
Senior Code Monkey
453 Posts
Just to make sure ...

Perhaps we can take the headlight assembly out and seal it with caulking before the rest of us get that problem. It'll have to be a clean job though.

Good idea?

Joe :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Re: Just to make sure ...

Joseph Lau said:
Perhaps we can take the headlight assembly out and seal it with caulking before the rest of us get that problem. It'll have to be a clean job though.

Good idea?

Joe :)
Hey Joe, save the time & trouble and take it back to
Nissan. Remember bumper to bumper warranty first
36k or 3 yrs.

·
Frozen Member
411 Posts
wild willy said:
Took the car to the bay to hose it off and noticed condensation had formed in the tail light assembly. Anyone else??????
listen to SE-Rious - let Nissan fix it on their dime and time. you paid quite a bit for the car and that is what warranty is for.

I had the same problem on my Civic when it was about a year old. I brought the car in for service and told them about it - they put a new one on same day without asking any questions. Nissan should do the same (although you'll probably have to wait for parts).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.