The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can I really be this Dumb?

Ok guys... I did something really stupid :embarasse and now my Alty is paying for it. Well eventually im paying for it but in the mean time the Alty suffers. I was just leaving from work and in a hurry to get home (isnt that how all horror stories start?). I was pulling out of my spot in the parking garage and instead of pulling straight out and then turning my wheels I turned my wheels and backed out (like I usually do, cause when I leave at 9pm there are NO cars in the parking lot so it's cool to do that) well this time it had slipped my mind that I had parked right next to one of those huge and very visible cement pilars.:crying::bawl: So to make a long story short and im sure you can figure out the rest, I now need a new front quarter panel. Does anybody know a round about figure of how much this is going to cost me? Or does anybody know of a cost efficient but correct way of fixing this? Or better yet does anybody know if the quarter panels even come off?
Any info or slaps upside the head will be greatly appreciated. :smack:

·
Resident NBA Junkie
350 Posts
I have no idea of how much the part in question would cost but damn that sucks. Goes to show that patience is a virtue

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Patience is most definetly a virtue... and I usually don't hurry anywhere because of stuff like this. Now i am just debating on doing the work myself or turning it in on my ins. and suffering further with higher premiums.

·
NISSANCLUB.COM
6,244 Posts
You can try calling buckeyenissan.com and asking for a quote, I am not sure really. Good luck though. Dumb stuff happens to all of us!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Hope you didn't turn your front wheels while the car was stationary. That's bad for the steering components and the tires.

·
not your avg 4 dr
108 Posts
Does "Nissan Newbie" mean frt fender or rr quarter???:confused:

If it's the fender they can replace it with a new one. Besides you don't want them filling any dents with bondo. You want them to replace it with a new one.

If it's the rear quarter than that is a different story. Your stuck with bondo.

My wife took our old Maxima and dented a 12'' X 5" wide and 1" deep portion of the cars rr qtr. That ran 600.00

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
thats why i hate parking beside cars in a lot that i see are parked with their wheels turned one way, i try to go find another parking spot, cuz i dont want someone doing this to my car.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi. first time poster here...

I got a newpainted fender off of Ebay (it was after market but NEW)-shipped to my house for about 150. Granted it was for my minivan but still should run you about the same or maybe a smidge more. I installed i myself-wasn;t too bad. Took me about 3 hours b/c I was being very careful. They just bolt on and you can even adjust them so they fit perfect.

This is their contact info:

[email protected]

Thank you for your business. Our phones are open 9-5 Mon-Fri

541 767 9830 .Pacific Standard Time.

TSM, Inc dba PartMartOne.Com P.O Box 1337 , 205 N 9th Cottage Grove,OR 97424

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, New Alty owner here ... been reading this forum ever since I started shopping for my new Alty and just had to reply to this one. I, too, purchased a fender (unpainted) for my son's Ranger from Partmartone off Ebay. Just wanted to let ya'll know that I had some problems with them not shipping my fender for over a month. They would never answer my emails ... I finally had to look them up and call them. Granted, when the fender finally arrived, it was exactly as we had hoped it would be and was a perfect fit. Would I buy from them again? Nope. Customer service was bad and it was too much of a hassle. For the time and money I spent, I could have bought the fender locally and come out better.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The quarter panel is not that expensive..the most expensive part is getting it painted.....it should run you anywhere from $500-$800 depending where you get it done. I had to get a quarter panel and part of my door repainted because my brother swipped the driver side door and panel on our fence. It cost me $600 just to get it repainted.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok well at least I know it won't cost me an arm and a leg. I was thinking a couple thousand at least. I'm tellin ya... ever since this has happened I have been double checking everything I do in that car... I totally sucks!! I had some guy ask me what happened to my car and I had to make a joke and tell him that I got into a fight with a cement pole and lost to keep from getting upset again. I'll take pictures pretty soon so you all can see the damage.

·
Registered
76 Posts
ok from when I crashed the whole front end of my 2.5S, I am lookin @ the estimate they gave me...5PAGES haha

ok a new front fender from NISSAN not AFTERMARKET, costs $214

and yea paint and labor will cost u a bit more then the fender itsself....just because our cars have PEARL in the paint, and its a pain to shoot....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts