The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my car was parked at school one day, and some smart guy decided it was fun to rip it off my car. so i now need a new one...

i just ripped out the antenna assembly. my mast is broken from the base, because like all altimas the antenna doesnt go down when off. with old age comes...blah blah

whats the deal with amplified antennas, is that really necessary? the oem one doesnt seem like its amplified... and if it was whats the use of getting an aftermarket amplified.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking since it was ripped off
it gives me a good excuse to make a mod to it

probably drillin a nice lil hole on the roof and make it like what the europeans do =) and put and aftermarket on it. just got confused when i was in the auto parts store.... too many antennas!

·
4,020 Posts
My old antenna used to not go down all the way, typical for older cars that their antennas get worn out.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
i wanna shave my antenna and get the one that is hidden inside the car, like up in the front windsheild.. is that possible?

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
i hate our antenna's. i dont listen to the radio, alwasy cd's, cus i hate the way my car looks when that shit is up. :(

·
Resident drunken chef!
2,524 Posts
You can get one for the windshield, it doesn't get as good of reception, but if you don't listen to it anyway, then do it.

·
SUCK MY HAIRLESS GONADS!
3,292 Posts
you can go with XM and get a little ant. and put it in the back deck. thats what a lot of people are doing and reception is still good.

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
If your antenna doesn't go down, put some wd-40 on a cloth, rub the cloth all over the antenna, then push it down with your hand firm, but gently. Worked for me. And you can always just shave it and get XM.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Thom said:
If your antenna doesn't go down, put some wd-40 on a cloth, rub the cloth all over the antenna, then push it down with your hand firm, but gently. Worked for me. And you can always just shave it and get XM.

·
VTEC V6
211 Posts
I see a lot of Altima's in this town, and I think mine is perhaps the only one with fully functional tail lights (including LED on factory spoiler) and a fully functional power antenna. A lot of people hate power antennas, but I think they look great on a car. My 93 Accord had the original and it worked perfectly after 10 years. It depends on whether or not you pay much attention to lubricating it and cleaning it or not.

·
Speed Ricer
1,198 Posts
mine works just fine, sometimes it wouldnt go up all the way and once or twice in the really cold times it wouldnt go down all the way, but yeah just grease it up and it works just fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh fun, when i took out the whole power antenna assembly, (its fun to take things apart...you learn a thing or two), i found out that the plastic track that pushes the antenna up is broken....im guessing thats most likely whats broken in broken power antennas.

oh and i figured out how whole power antenna assembly works and its neato!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im still in the process of removing the headliner to see if i could drill a hole through the middle of the roof to place the new antenna...lets see how this works out

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
make sure you go through the trouble of protecting the metal so it doesn't rust nor leak!

that plastic piece can be replaced. are you going to shave the existing antenna location when you mount one on the roof?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
alright coach... gotta remember that.

yea im not sure what to do with the existing location... i would have to go through alot of trouble to get it shaved i think. repaint and so on.

the weather down here and my extracurricular activities(school and snowboarded in bigbear this weekend! ) have been holding me back as far as getting it mounted on the roof. i should have it completed by the end of the week

1 - 20 of 21 Posts