The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I can buy used oem ballasts, ignitors and new Phillips D2S bulbs for around 150 bucks or less on ebay. The big question is about the halogen housing. I've been looking at pictures online and there is a plastic insert where the ballast would mount on the bottom of the housing. I wonder if that plastic insert can be removed. I.E. wonder if I can just install an oem ballast and ignitor into my halogen housing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks like I can buy used oem ballasts, ignitors and new Phillips D2S bulbs for around 150 bucks or less on ebay. The big question is about the halogen housing. I've been looking at pictures online and there is a plastic insert where the ballast would mount on the bottom of the housing. I wonder if that plastic insert can be removed. I.E. wonder if I can just install an oem ballast and ignitor into my halogen housing.
To do this correctly you should buy the maxima projectors and bolt them in. I think they are a direct fit. Ask Carlos at the retrofit source. He will guide you to the right setup. Your halogen projectors are not setup for d2s bulbs. They are ideally a halogen projector.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts