The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have 99 nissan altima.. and u guys know how it looks well i need to ( want to ) make it soo theres 2 pipes one on the left side and one to the right side... i just want to know the pro and cons to that modification. thanks.. and thank you in advance

and i want to just drop it a wee wee bit.. but i dont know which way to go. soo guide me fellas..

·
Malfunctioning Member
3,107 Posts
I guess I'll be the first to help you out..

Pro: looks good.
Con: added weight of extra muffler & piping (doubt you'll even notice that though.)

And don't even say he'll be slower, cause that's yet to be proven....with the proper pipe size it can work.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
theres a civic that rolls around my town with duals on... it sounds like two sets of angry bees. and it's slow as hell.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Duals

To put dual on an altima you need to cut out the fiberglass tub for the spare tire to fit the left muffler. then fill the inside with fiberglass and resin. the pipe I used is 2.5 from the manifold, no cat, then split to 2.25 before the strait away to the muffler.

It's loud and throaty with the throttle body mod, angle job on head and jet chip. MORE AIR MORE POWER and you have to get rid of it as fast as the car can supply it.

Dual make the ass nicer
||||
|
|
|
| |
-- |
| |
| |

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
dual no good... unless you do drop the 3.5 SE engine in... :p... (just kidding)

·
Registered
102 Posts
what's up everybody. haven't been on here in a while. here's my 2 cents about the dual muffler job. it can work just fine. do like suzuki did with the new gsxr1000. straight pipe all the way back to rear and before you get to where the y-pipe is gonna be, put a spring loaded exhaust valve in the pipe( tuned to your engine of course). then use the y-pipe and then your mufflers. that way, you maximize your whole rev range. that was the idea behind suzuki putting the exhaust valve in anyway. oh and they also utilized a secondary throttle body as well to work with the exhaust valve. i am in the process of doing this myself. i'll let y'all know how it goes.

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
se_racer said:
what's up everybody. haven't been on here in a while. here's my 2 cents about the dual muffler job. it can work just fine. do like suzuki did with the new gsxr1000. straight pipe all the way back to rear and before you get to where the y-pipe is gonna be, put a spring loaded exhaust valve in the pipe( tuned to your engine of course). then use the y-pipe and then your mufflers. that way, you maximize your whole rev range. that was the idea behind suzuki putting the exhaust valve in anyway. oh and they also utilized a secondary throttle body as well to work with the exhaust valve. i am in the process of doing this myself. i'll let y'all know how it goes.
the 2nd gen RX-7 also used the same setup.

·
Registered
787 Posts
ya nissan does the same thing with some of their mufflers, i know the spec-v one does, at low pressure it only uses about half the volume of the muffler, then at high pressure a vavle opens and it uses the other half in addition.

hmm that is the weirdest thing, i remember reading this on the nisssan site for the spec-V but now i go back and try to get a link and i cant find it for the life of me.

·
*Member*
253 Posts
donwananou said:
well i have 99 nissan altima.. and u guys know how it looks well i need to ( want to ) make it soo theres 2 pipes one on the left side and one to the right side... i just want to know the pro and cons to that modification. thanks.. and thank you in advance

and i want to just drop it a wee wee bit.. but i dont know which way to go. soo guide me fellas..
I thought it couldn't be done because it has that plastic box for the fuel... according to the muffler guy anyways'... can you actually move/relocate that box

·
Shift_me
440 Posts
hahaah

its gonna look ok on the 99 altima, only if u have bodykit tho. Other wise (like others said) all show, no go!

i have another question tho, anyone know what and how they make fire spit out of exshaust?

·
1st Gen SE Lover
2,520 Posts
There was a thread on that fire spitting thing. You have to be running really rich.

If you just want the look of duels, just mount another muffler there, but don't run the piping. Like anybody's really going to check. :D

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Re: hahaah

yar786 said:

i have another question tho, anyone know what and how they make fire spit out of exshaust?
heh....just unplug the oxygen sensor which is plugged into the manifold. You'll run super rich.I wouldn't advise this tho.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts