The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking on Altima stuff today and I came across the Alba Altima.

I thought they decided to go with springs but I guess they did eventually get an air bag kit on the Alba Altima.

http://www.albawheels.com/alba/altimaProject.htm

I wish they had pics of the airbag and sounds install that I can check out.

Does anyone have pics of the other show altimas like the two Stillen ones or another that have showstopping trunk installs?

I too have airbags and some Zapco equipment but I havent decided how to put things together in a good arrangement.

Does anyone have some cool pics to post about some interesting Altima trunks? With either a bad ass sound system, air bag system, or both? I would like to get some ideas of what the latest trends are and maybe I can put together something comparable but unique.

Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about some trunk pics guys? That is what this thread is about, not the Alba Altima.

Peace

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ENFORCER said:
Not so great, but it's something...

Nice clean install, I like the stealth looking installs that integrate into the trunk just as much as the "let it all hang out" show installs. Nice classy touch, matches your car theme really well! Cool!

P.S. Whatcha runnin for your sounds? Did the results match what you planned for? What was the most difficult parts of the install?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Halfway done...Rest will be completed March 8th. What still needs to be done is a beauty panel in front of amp rack, wrapped in red vinyl. Sub cover will be flush over beauty panel, plexi boxes over small neon, capacitor, and amp. Will be doing some kind of text (not sure what method) on plexi in front of small neon. Eventually thinking about changing trunk carpet to black vinyl.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Halfway done...Rest will be completed March 8th. What still needs to be done is a beauty panel in front of amp rack, wrapped in red vinyl. Sub cover will be flush over beauty panel, plexi boxes over small neon, capacitor, and amp. Will be doing some kind of text (not sure what method) on plexi in front of small neon. Eventually thinking about changing trunk carpet to black vinyl.
Nice job! Looks like it was planned well and not just slapped together. Clean. Please upload finished pics. As far as the lettering, maybe considering routering or using some etched glass vinyl. Ive seen examples that lights up in the neon light just be having these simple things done. Try and get a piece of etched glass vinyl and stick on your plexi as a simple test, youll see how it captures the light. What kind of equipment your running man? How does it sound so far (if its hooked up)?
It would be interesting if you had a nice touch of LEDs to match the theme of your LED mirror product. Now that would be classy. you could accent parts of the trunk with billet pieces similar to your grill product in certain areas for matching with the rest of the car. That would be a nice trunk that is customized just for your car....... a trunk that has nice touches like that is cool and personalized.

Peace

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: my little trunk

cyko said:
Two 12's and 1200 watts.............one of these on each side
Clean install, have you given thought in making some stealth covers for you subs and maybe flush mounting the amp, maybe with plexi so you can make a stealth cover for that too? You can make everyhting hidden without many people knowing you have a boomin system. 1200 watts of what kind of power?

Does anyone have some extravagant installs in addition to these stealth ones to show off? Thanks!

·
Ar Dont Do That
297 Posts
im gonna have a phat system next week when my bro installs t =D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stav|os said:
*Two 10" JL Audio W6V2
*1000 Watt JL Audio Amplifier
That's exactly what I suggested to Cyko! Good job! That must sound clean with the W6V2, is it really good sounding? Makes me want to install my equipment.

·
Dont Bang My Compressors
321 Posts
JerryJ said:
Those with subs in the trunk - Since the trunk is completely enclosed from the interior, wouldn't the bass sound better if it was ported to the interior?

in my case...YES. my subs are in a custom box wich is ported through the back seat (arm rest). it sounds really clean and a big plus is that my trunk hardly rattles. but there is a lot of bass so the roof and the rear deck where the 6x9's are does rattle quite a bit (will fix that though)

·
Registered
269 Posts
JerryJ said:
Those with subs in the trunk - Since the trunk is completely enclosed from the interior, wouldn't the bass sound better if it was ported to the interior?
...........Well Since i blew the factory 6x9's i removed them and havent replaced them yet.........i'm in the process of mounting 2 4x6's on a board (made from fiberglass) and removing most of the area around it so that air will be able to pass freely.......i'll take a picture of what i'm gonna do

M

·
0 Posts
i havn't gotten around to getting a custom box yet..but i will hopefully before summer...right now everything is just throwin into the trunk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JerryJ said:
It depends, for some cars it actually sounds worse. Sometimes the trunk helps mask the distortion, and allows the bass to come through. Ive heard many cars that sound better with the trunk closed and not ported into the interior. I guess the answer is it depends.

·
Banned
942 Posts
altm8 said:
That's exactly what I suggested to Cyko! Good job! That must sound clean with the W6V2, is it really good sounding? Makes me want to install my equipment.
sounds really good. when just cruising i put the bass to -5 and its loud but when i wanna go and showoff or something -1 and it'll shake my front window like crazy! i havent gone above 0 yet. afraid to. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts