The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
keep it simple
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Follow these easy 6 steps and you can end up with something like this:

Creat a blank document - something about the size of a sig (or unless you want to try it for your desktop - set it to your desktop size) And make the background fill WHITE.

STEP1:

Select your gradient tool and set the forground and background colors to the default black/white. You can press "D" for a shortcut.

Be sure to change the mode type to "Difference".

STEP2:

go crazy with the gradient tool by clicking and dragging in all different directions and different lengths to achieve something like this. Don't over do it or you will look like a big blob. If that happens, just erase everything and start over. should only take about 10-15 swipes - depends on the effect you are after.

STEP3:

Use the photshop filter under "Filter -> Stylize -> Find Edges"

STEP4:

Press "CTRL + i " to inverse the colors from the white to black.

STEP5:

Create a new layer on top of the gradient layer and fill the whole thing with whatever color you want - pick something in the bright color range for the best effect...

AND Last but not least - set the Layer Mode from "Normal" to "Color" this should leave you with something like this:

Hope this was easy for you guys - if you got any questions just post em.

L8!

·
keep it simple
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XXX ALTIMA said:
how would I go about doing this in Jasc Paint Shop Pro8?
i just downloaded PS8 and i can't see anyway to achieve this same effect... this program just doesn't seem as deep as photoshop can get. :dunno: guess you will have to download a trial version of CS Photoshop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts