The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found my first glitch on my car. Found a coolant leak in the driveway after washing my car. Took off the potective plastic from under the car. Cheked the rad, no leak. Popped the hood and found coolant on the union sending to the engine block and the water pump. Main cause is a loose screw on fastener. My question is should I tighten the thing myself or bring it to the dealer and show em how lazy these guys are on the assembly line.

G

·
You may need a new gasket (if the new ones use gaskets, the 1st & 2nd gens don't), the pump could also be cracked or warped, could be a defect in the mating surface on the block. Have em pull the water pump and inspect it.

Demmy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pretty much decided on doing it myself. As for the car, I drive a 2001 black se 5spd. I live in Ile-Bizard. As for the meet, I'd love to make it. Unfortunately I'm going to Ottawa this weekend for my b-day and pick up my mags (stock 16") I'm going straight to work Monday. work evenings. Try doing something on the weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.