The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Don't tape it. You need that hole for expansion and contraction. Don't forget evaporation. When the car is hot fill it a little above the hot line and you will be fine. If it drops significantly you have a leak somewhere.

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
who cares about your resivoirs. as long as the radiator is full, then you are fine. some of it evaporates too. dont worry about it.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fr0mastaj said:
Is there a specific kind i should use to fill it back up? Mine is way below the Min marker :(
go to the local auto store and pick up coolant thats already mixed. Theres two kinds, mixed and not mixed.. mixed they already added the water

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
its jigga james said:
Hm, already at the minimum level. WTF? Car has 2900 miles on it, this is awfully wierd. Anyone else have low levels of coolant?
I noticed the same thing happening to mine. It now has been maintaining a level at the low level mark. I just ignored it. I have no problems with it and nothing has lit up in the car indicating that levels are too low.

·
Shift_This...
214 Posts
Yeah, happen to me too... I just wait until the car cool down and check the radiator itself... If it's full, then you're all set...

·
Ass slider
7,656 Posts
when the car is cool, my coolant level is below the "low" line. when it is warm, it is AT the "low" line. this is normal? my temperature are still below half on the temp meter. i'm tempted to check my coolant reservoir before i drive now until i take my car in next week for something else.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts