The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I own an autobody shop here in Corona, CA 92879. Small family shop with some stuff that may make it easier to install whatever mod you are holding back on.

I have a lift for those of you who want to get under the car. I have air tools for doing it quicker. Several jacks and jack stands.

I have lots of tools which you can use.

I won't have anything to install unless the dealer finishes working on my car by friday but I do have DDE's on order and I am placing my order for rotors today. I won't have those till next weekend.

So I want to see who is going to come. So far only Grim_Reaper has said he was coming. Who else can make it?

Hours: 10am - ?
This is a buisness so there is no alcholol allowed. Don't bring any please. I'll have plenty of water and various sodas available and we can order a pizza or something since I don't have a BBQ here.

This weekend or next are both good for me so sound off and let me know what you are thinking..

Thanks

-Mike

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am interested in this. I have my UDP that needs to be put on, but want to set enough time aside to get it done correctly. I live in Pomona, so your close to me. Keep posted what dates you are gonna meet, and I will mark it on my calender.
Ryan

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Goin to pick up the headers right now :D! Im gonna pm u my cell phone # so I can get directions from you, wont be on tomorrow or saturday most likely so gimme a call so I can get directions.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
321 E. Grand Blvd
Corona, CA 92879

I did have a spring compressor as of today at 2pm but another shop borrowed it back so I'll have to see if I can borrow it for the weekend.

It is a friggin sweet one too.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: Looks like I won't have my car before Saturday. The dealer says I should have it back on Saturday after 11am.

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
I'm going to be down there on the 19th, thats next weekend not this weekend
thats a Sunday. Was thinking of coming down on Saturday if someone lets me crash at there house :) or I'll just be coming down and driving back the same day. How far is Corona from San Bernardino....

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Next weekend would be better so we could have a bigger turnout but I seriously doubt that Grim_Reaper can stand to wait that long to play with his new toys. :)

Also I won't have much to "install" at my install meet until next weekend either.

BUT, I am totally up for this saturday even if a few people just want to do a few things. Maybe if we get it all done I can take my wife to the movies after.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Grimm_Reaper38 said:
Goin to pick up the headers right now :D! Im gonna pm u my cell phone # so I can get directions from you, wont be on tomorrow or saturday most likely so gimme a call so I can get directions.
Some notes for your install:

remove the radiator, instructions don't say to but it'll save you a lot of time in the long run.

you'll need a 32mm socket to get the 4 cross member nuts off (if i remember correctly). You're "supposed" to support the engine when the cross member comes of because at that point you'll have removed the front and rear engine mounts. if you are on a lift you'll need a transmission jack if you have one. an exhuast stand will work if it's a last resort.

O2 sensor socket

antiseize

Here is my original "how to" I made for a 02 Maxima which is pretty much the same as an Altima install.

Install notes:

• Remove Radiator
• Support engine with jack
• Remove lower crossmember
• Remove Y-pipe
• Remove engine mounts
• Remove F/R engine mount brackets
• A/C compressor line must be bent slightly towards D/S of car to remove manifold stud
• Remove front manifold
• Remove rear manifold – heat shield must come off. O2 sensor socket must be used to remove o2 sensor. O2 sensor must come off first
• Must remove rear bank pre cat in order to remove rear exhaust manifold
• Remove steering rack skid plate
• Remove manifold studs
• Install rear manifold
• Install front manifold
• Install lower y-pipe

·
Registered
63 Posts
ummm...i have made a few replies to various threads, and I have not gotten any responses...Can anyone see my posts? I was just wondering when the meet was going to be, I would like to check one out, I haven't been to any. If someone can just pm me , or just post here when and where everyone is gonna meet, I would appreciate it. I am a new alty owner, and would like to be a part of the alty owners crowd.
Ryan

·
aim: Nism025
1,680 Posts
We can read you loud and clear....but....the exact time and date are still up in the air, to my knowledge. This weekend or next weekend is still being thrown up in the air as of this moment. I mean, somebody please correct me if i'm wrong, but it sounds like there's skepticism for this weekend.

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
Next weekend would be better for me to lend a hand with the header install.
It sounds pretty involved.
Anyone else ever done anything this big on a car before? I've done motor and trans swaps many times but I was hoping there was going to be someone else there that can help lend an experienced eye.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^ This Saturday 9/11/04 is on! So far I have no idea who is going to come other than myself and Grim Reaper. However, I would also like to extend an invitation for next weekend 9/18/04 because I'll have stuff for my car by then.

My car is currently held up over the weekend at the dealer so I will pretty much have nothing to do tomorrow. :(

So to re-cap: Tomorrow 9/11/04 is ON! But it is a practice run for the following weekend 9/18/04 for a bigger meet since it seems most of you can't make it tomorrow.

10am - whenever we get stuff done.

Directions:

From L.A./OC area. 91 east to corona. Exit Main street. Make a right turn and get in the far left lane immediately!! Turn left on 3rd street. Follow it for about 3/4 mile and it will come to E. Grand (major cross street but no lights). Make a right on E. Grand blvd and go up about 300 feet and I am on the left side.

Coming from Riverside area. 91 west to corona. JUST past the 15 frwy overpass get all the way over to the right as quick as you can and take the first exit. This is Main street. Now this is opposite from the other directions so in this case make a RIGHT and go up to the first traffic light. This is Grand. Go RIGHT for E. Grand. and follow it around a long curve and you will pass under the 91 freeway and I am about 1/8 mile on the left hand side.

From Fontucky/Rialto/etc.. Take the 15 freeway south to corona. Merge on 91 West and get all the way right and exit the first offramp which is main. Follow directions posted above.

From Lake Elsinore/San Diego etc..: Take 15 North to Corona. Merge 91 west and follow above directions.

My shop is about 1/4 mile from where the 91 and 15 freeways meet.

You can visit my website http://www.fieldsautobody.com and at the bottom is a map.

I will be here by 10am with sodas and stuff. Bring some stuff to munch on but no Alcholol please since this is a business and I am sure I'll have to write estimates for customers when they see the shop open. I am not usually open on Saturdays.

You can e-mail me if you like at mfields at yahoo.com and I'll give you my cell number.

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
carfreak67 said:
Next weekend would be better for me to lend a hand with the header install.
It sounds pretty involved.
Anyone else ever done anything this big on a car before? I've done motor and trans swaps many times but I was hoping there was going to be someone else there that can help lend an experienced eye.
I've never put headers on the Altima before,put headers on lots of other cars, but I've done enough things like you to feel confident I can do it. I always say the only way to learn is to just do it. Having the right tools helps too, and I have lots of tools to just about do most things myself.

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
SEO5 said:
^^ This Saturday 9/11/04 is on! So far I have no idea who is going to come other than myself and Grim Reaper. However, I would also like to extend an invitation for next weekend 9/18/04 because I'll have stuff for my car by then.

My car is currently held up over the weekend at the dealer so I will pretty much have nothing to do tomorrow. :(

So to re-cap: Tomorrow 9/11/04 is ON! But it is a practice run for the following weekend 9/18/04 for a bigger meet since it seems most of you can't make it tomorrow.
Well good luck with the install, I wont make it down there this weedend but maybe I can lend you a hand with your stuff next weekend.. :)

1 - 20 of 126 Posts