The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
hi
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has gotten a 90k tune up here and how much did it cost them? the dealer here charges $459. anyone know of a cheaper place to get it done that will do a good job?

·
VTEC wont save you....
1,939 Posts
I am at about 75000...just got the 60 done by my local mechanic.The dealership is going to charge you for the TIME it takes a tech to look over and inspect your car.WAY to much green for just mostly inspection work.

I would ask the dealer for a list of their 90000 mile tune up and go to a good mechanic...and have them go down the list.Much cheaper.Especially if your warranty has run out.:D

Try to stay away from the dealerships unless you have a hook up.They always tend to overcharge or suddenly find a "preventative maintenance" that you just HAVE to have performed in order for you car to run good.:rolleyes:

Can you tell I hate dealerships:D:p????

·
hi
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i gotta ask around at some mechanics around here. a couple months ago one mechanic said he would do it for 450 but he always charges a lot. cuz i def dont have $450 right now. thanks for the info.

·
Banned
0 Posts
find out what the 90k tune-up involves, take the list to a private mechanic, and have him do it for half the price.

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
djsassan said:
find out what the 90k tune-up involves, take the list to a private mechanic, and have him do it for half the price.
yeah, i'd do that, or do what u can urself, and leave the big stuff to the pros

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just had mine done a week ago. Dealer wanted $450+. I searched around and found a local shop that specializes in imports. They performed great service, more procedures in the 90,000 miles service and charged @$280. Always try and find a local, dependable, qaulified shop. Dealers suck and rip you off.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
Oz said:
I just had mine done a week ago. Dealer wanted $450+. I searched around and found a local shop that specializes in imports. They performed great service, more procedures in the 90,000 miles service and charged @$280. Always try and find a local, dependable, qaulified shop. Dealers suck and rip you off.
then ask what the hell is done at a 30K or 60K.. same shit...

or go to the FAQ forum and look for the thread called Assorted Pages from NSM...

most of the stuff you'd have to do anyways... look it over, see what simple stuff you can do (like Oil change, air filter change, fuel filter change), then the rest price out at a shop...

and our dealer charges $280 for the 30K.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts