The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the questionable build quality of the altima, I am seriously considering purchasing the factory backed extended warranty for my 05 altima. At the time of my purchase, I was quoted 1450 for 7 year/100 k gold preferred warranty. I thought the price was outrageous. Can someone tell me what they bought their warranty for and does anyone know the dealerships cost. This will give me an idea of what I can get the warranty for. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
i paid 1200 for a 6 year 75,000 mile warranty. which includes towing, oil changes, wheel alignments and loaner cars.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
you can play with them, i'm sure you can have them drop the price of that warranty another 100 bucks.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
DesiEGO said:
Are these yrs and miles on top of what you already get with the vehicle or included ?? Its expensive if the 3yr warranty is rolled in the 7yr warranty as well.
its including the manufacturer's. I thought it was a good deal since i can get new wheels and tires within the next three years, that alone is probably over 3000 dollars.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
i take really good care of my car and i clean it two times a week, but i still know somewhere along the line i'll curb rash my wheels, so i think 1200 was a small investment

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
with the extended warranty, i think it was gold or platinum..... covers rim and tire damage. If the tires blow, if the rims bend/get damaged they'll swap them.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
From nissanusa.com

The Gold Preferred Plan's extensive protection includes just about everything needed to keep your Nissan operating smoothly except maintenance services, tires, wheel balance and alignment, battery, spark plugs and wires.

I couldn't find a platinum plan on there. Just bronze, silver, and gold.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
i got additional coverage then i guess. I have a separate contract saying 3 year coverage for wheels and tires. Potholes are included.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also got the gold preferred for 6yr/75000 miles.

I can't remember off the top off my head what I paid but I know it was over 1000.

Mine is not extended basically it's in place of the factory warranty, because fatory warranties are crap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts