1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
too cute
1,357 Posts
Not really, waiting for a coalition or approval from other countries to act would've sealed the fate of all 1200. In all seriousness they had to storm once the first explosion went off. Better to save as many as you can as opposed to losing all of them. As a parent I could somewhat imagine the sheer terror all of the parents of those children.

·
Unregistered User
676 Posts
Those people, if one could call them that, are nothing but pure animals...

The russian security forces were only removing some of the dead bodies outside, the terrorist knew this, something went wrong and some of the hostages (some of which were children decided to make a break for it, these animals then started shooting at them. The security forces had no choice but to shoot back... then it was on.

I hope that some of these animals suffer before their miserable existance is snuffed out!

·
No Way is The Way -B. Lee
1,079 Posts
RobMac said:
Those people, if one could call them that, are nothing but pure animals...

The russian security forces were only removing some of the dead bodies outside, the terrorist knew this, something went wrong and some of the hostages (some of which were children decided to make a break for it, these animals then started shooting at them. The security forces had no choice but to shoot back... then it was on.

I hope that some of these animals suffer before their miserable existance is snuffed out!

but to there eyes we are the animals, they want freedom, and we wont give it to them

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
Is it the Chechnyans, or the insurgents who want out?

There was no option besides assaulting the school. These people have proven that they are not up for negotiation. If they didn't get what they wanted, they would've killed everyone, period. Between losing them all or only losing some, the choice is easy.

·
Unregistered User
676 Posts
Nothing justifies the slaughter of children....

Even the leader of the rebel forces in Chechenia called what they did barbaric.

Marc936 said:
but to there eyes we are the animals, they want freedom, and we wont give it to them

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
RobMac said:
Nothing justifies the slaughter of children....

Even the leader of the rebel forces in Chechenia called what they did barbaric.
That's just bad PR if they don't distance themselves from this. They just turn themselves from borderline freedom fighters to full fledge terrorist. Russia can do whatever they want in Chechnya now and nobody in the world we say a thing.

Back to original topic, if militant did fire first on children running, then there's not much you can do. Not everything ends like the movies do.

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
poor russia.. how much more can these guys take...

and of the chechnyan rebels? they know the gov't wont negotiate, they know the political climate is against them, they all died for nothing in the theatre in moscow 2 years ago.. yet they do this...

they are either crazed bloodthirsy barbarians, or really really desperate to do soemthign liek this.. either choice i dont want to think about for too long.

on one hand what theya re doing cant be justified, on the other they are a repressed minority seeking independance from a form of gov't they dont agree with..

i'm nto surprised al queda is linked.. and might even be helping them... a transcript from usama bin laden after 9/11:

Our homes are flooded with blood and the tyrant Is freely wandering in our homes"...

And from the battlefield vanished The brightness of swords and the horses...

And over weeping sounds now We hear the beats of drums and rhythm…

They are storming his forts And shouting: "We will not stop our raids

Until you free our lands"...

·
Bosnian
863 Posts
Shit like this makes me sick to my stomach. I can understand the chechen quest for freedom, but this is disgusting.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I think they went in knowing full well many would be killed. It sends a message that the Russians won't be intimidated no matter what tactics the chechens use.

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
jethro_13 said:
I think they went in knowing full well many would be killed. It sends a message that the Russians won't be intimidated no matter what tactics the chechens use.
Agreed. It's unfortunate that there were fatalities but you can't negotiate with terrorists.

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
drunkmunky said:
WHat is so bad about being part of Russia? the're on an economic recovery.

u really think so? apart from the vast social dystrophy and the oligarchies that have divided power between them.. they dont seem to be going anywhere...

besides its not that.

chechnyans are a different ethnicity, practice a different religion, and on top of that.. its an economic issue since important oil lines from russia to southern europe runs through there.

basically the reasons are similar to the american war of independance x 100, throw in a good dose of the horrors of modern weapons and tactics, along with the brutal apathy towards any sense of decency and you start to have a fair idea of whats going on there.

·
Registered
214 Posts
drunkmunky said:
WHat is so bad about being part of Russia? the're on an economic recovery.
You know what, they don't like that idea :D. They've been fighting for centuries there. It's like this throughout the history, just that now they got better weapons and can make crazy shit like they just did. Reason for not joining Russia is that theres too much$ in there to give it up. Who needs economic recovery, if people at the top can sell oil and get mad loot for that, not caring about poor people.

On the topic, I think they couldn't do anything else, cuz it all wasn't started by them, as mentioned above, terrorists started shooting. I wonder what would happen if there was no shooting, while russians were picking up dead bodies? Anyway, russian forces just decided that thats the right moment. If they didn't start attacking the school, chechens would probably blow the whole thing on air, or kill more/all people.

This thing is really sad, for past month theres been at least 4-5 other acts of terrorism in Russia? hmm...

My relatives live 100km from Chechnya's border, and those guys are really impudent, and act like they own everything, altough they are on Russian's territory. When you see them, you have to be careful, cuz they can stab you like a stupid sheep, if you look at them the wrong way. Animals...

·
Registered
692 Posts
as sad as this may sound, at least its russian schools and not ours. maybe the rest of the world who stood against us in this war will begin to see what these people are really capable of because its not going to stop with russia. they will go from country to country trying to affect the political situations in their favor over there.

i wonder how russia will respond to this, especially since there were numerous arabs involved.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts