The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I have my Alty on pre-order and picking it up in a about a week or so, 3.5SE, white on black charcoal, can't wait!...however I have a couple of newbie questions...

1. I'm hearing that Nissan suggests premium gas over regular; how much difference do u think this makes? is it worth the added cost seeing how expensive gas is nowadays?

2. How soon should I get my first oil change? should I wait for the first 5000k or should I do it sooner?

Thanks folks, I love this site!

·
No, you can't drive it!
683 Posts
If you're concerned about the price of premium (which is required for optimum performance), BUY THE 4 CYLINDER.

This question has been asked, answered and beaten to death on this forum.

It is very simple, the car doesn't run as well as it could and should on anything but premium!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
dadster's so right. Anyone buying the V6 should never even consider asking the question about using something other than premium fuel because the use of same is well known with this engine. If you have reservations about the grade of fuel, DO NOT get the V6.. buy the 4-cylinder engine. But if you want a measure of performance, then the V6 is your baby. Just don't cut it or yourself short.

Hey.. it's just like buying a boat. If you have to ask or if you worry about the fuel usage, you are probably not ready for the boat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts