The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girl has a bone stock 2005 altima s. I recently acquired another 2005 altima signature edition with a blown motor. I want to put the steering wheel controls, power seats, power mirrors... etc into the first one. Could I plug and play every thing. use the harness from the sig car and install it all into the s? I did do a search first and most things I read were after market radios. What would it entail? Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It might actually be easier to put the good motor in the other car. That should be plug and play and at least in my book easier then moving all the steering, seating, wiring etc to the good car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats not a possibility. I would if I could but the front was hit also (damaged but air bags not deployed) and the engine harness was removed. I just figured I would make her car a little nicer. The interior harness is there except for the computer. I was thinking of taking the whole steering wheel and radio.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Since there are separate computer modules for the BCS and IPDM you may be limited in what individual items you can switch. Also the ECM might be different as it concerns the other 2. Since you cant switch the engine you might have to switch almost everything else that is electrical. It could very well be everything or nothing cause you cant reprogram any of those computer modules. Print out the 2000 page FSM or relevant pages of the BCS and IPDM along with every other part that has anything to do with electrical or computer and good luck.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
My girl has a bone stock 2005 altima s. I recently acquired another 2005 altima signature edition with a blown motor. I want to put the steering wheel controls, power seats, power mirrors... etc into the first one. Could I plug and play every thing. use the harness from the sig car and install it all into the s? I did do a search first and most things I read were after market radios. What would it entail? Any and all help is appreciated.
Steering wheel controls - check!, will plug'n'play. Harness will exist. Will work.

Power seats - need to make sure body harness has power circuits wired from fuse panel, or run your own damn power if they aren't. will work.

Power mirrors - lots of threads on this one...if you're prewired...jackpot. If not, might want to pass on this one.

Radio HU...as long as you aren't changing BOSE to non-Bose should be straightforward...give me specific part numbers and I will tell you.

More specific parts = more answers.

You do NOT want to switch BCM, ECU or NATS modules...they are 'programmed' and will require dealer intervention to make things like key fobs work again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts